Interview Quest Asked

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blazinfury

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have had your interviews, can you please comment on the types of quest that were asked. I do know that they of course asked 'why md/phd' and 'discuss your research,' but what other types of quest were you asked. Did they ask about clubs, hobbies, political views, medical and research vocations, etc?

Also, if you worked in more than 1 lab, did they ask you to chronicle your research in every lab or only your most recent research experiences where you made the most progress? Thanks so much and congrats on all of your acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

I think we need to have MD/PhD specific interview feedback as MD/PhD interviews are different than regular MD interviews.

To answer your questions: most of my time was consumed by talking about my research, talking about my motivation to be MD/PhD, and talking about why do I need an MD if I am research focused etc...

Go in the interview with conversational mindset and it will go well.

I did have a few whacky questions here and there but no where near MD interviews.

PM me if you want specific details.

I think we need to have MD/PhD specific interview feedback as MD/PhD interviews are different than regular MD interviews.

/quote]

I agree. Before they reformatted everything, you could pick out which of the interview feedback were md/phd and which were md only. Unfortunately, now there is no way to tell, and you have to go through them one by one. I think a few people have emailed the mods about this, but nothing has been done about it.