Interview Question: Four people you would dine with?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My dad's favorite uncle: He and his wife died in a plane crash while my dad was in Junior High, so I've never met him. Supposedly he was pretty cool, and that's who I'm named after.

Ronald Reagan: My favorite president

Lance Armstrong: probably the definition of dedication

John Lennon: He's definitely my favorite artist ever. I love The Beatles.

Members don't see this ad.

Morgan Freeman - I want to hear him order food
The Allstate Commerical Guy - I want him the waiter to let him know that he "is in good hands"
God - see below
Darwin - see above

My family because I love them, even in all of their craziness.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend told me about an interview question he was asked:
Name four people, dead/alive/fictional, you would dine with, and why?

I am interested to see what everyone else would say.

Here are mine:
Newton: Genius, and perhaps one of the greatest minds of all time.
Socrates: Interested in discussing ethics with him.
Jesus: I have too many questions to ask him.
Hitler: No joke. Mental illness is very interesting to me.

There are plenty of other people I thought about (Napoleon, Einstein, Genghis Khan...), but in the end I settled for those.

What about you?

newton was said to not have many social skills, so he might make a bad dinner guest.

helen of troy, i want to see what the huge fuss was about :).

Leah Dizon cause she is so hot.

my dead brother who i never met because he died before i was born. he was in the womb, i am just curious to how he would have turned out.

the emperor who was in charge of china at around 1498, cause i learned in america history class that chinese travelers came to this continent before columbus. but the emperor called back the travelers without occupying the americas.

I got asked this question at my UF interview, only it was 3 people, not 4. It pissed me off because it threw me off guard and I had no freakin idea what to say. I don't even remember who all I said, just that the last one I chose was my older sister and my reason was because I hadn't seen her in a few months and wanted to catch up with her.

That's why.

Unfortunate.

Just pray Messi shines this year.

Monster Masch will make him!

I cant wait to see him dominate some world class playmakers!!!

I want Spain to win tho! Nando!!!... or Gerrardy.
But I dont like England... their team is full of idiots. ie. JT. one idiot to rule them all.

Wow, the whole ancient Greek philosophers or early president choices are so lame. Nevermind the huge generational gap, and the absolute irrelevance talking with them would procure since their views/desires/lies don't change what they've already done.

And then people who pick foreign individuals from history. Have you considered a language barrier? What can Hitler bring to the table if you don't speak German (pun intended)?

My four?

Denis Leary (Or Tommy Gavin), Bob Saget, Gregory House, and Zooey Deschanel (Or Summer).

Why?

Because Denis Leary and Bob Saget are hilarious, Gregory House would also be funny, but if I had to have a "seriousness" to this ridiculous question then it would be about medical ethics, and Zooey Deschanel (or rather her character in 500 Days of Summer) because I think she's really cute and I loved her personality.

No desires to pick options that show off my self-righteous pretentious feigned interest in cliche choices in order to impress my interviewer. Just four individuals I could relatively quickly come up with that would provide a fun dinner experience.

Wow, the whole ancient Greek philosophers or early president choices are so lame. Nevermind the huge generational gap, and the absolute irrelevance talking with them would procure since their views/desires/lies don't change what they've already done.

And then people who pick foreign individuals from history. Have you considered a language barrier? What can Hitler bring to the table if you don't speak German (pun intended)?

My four?

Denis Leary (Or Tommy Gavin), Bob Saget, Gregory House, and Zooey Deschanel (Or Summer).

Why?

Because Denis Leary and Bob Saget are hilarious, Gregory House would also be funny, but if I had to have a "seriousness" to this ridiculous question then it would be about medical ethics, and Zooey Deschanel (or rather her character in 500 Days of Summer) because I think she's really cute and I loved her personality.

No desires to pick options that show off my self-righteous pretentious feigned interest in cliche choices in order to impress my interviewer. Just four individuals I could relatively quickly come up with that would provide a fun dinner experience.

:thumbup:

i wouldn't want someone dead sitting at a table with me. i'll take alive people, thanks.

but if they were to come back to life? and i can has fiction?

1) caesar, beforrreeeee march 15, i'd be like, "enjoy that salad that will named after you, and deffff stay the f away from brutus, brotha"

2) odysseus. i want to tell him he's not all that and a bag of potato chips.

3) heathcliff. i need to profess my love for him, but tell him i disapprove of marrying within the family (inbreeding...seriously, no wonder they were so f'd up). i'd also like to tell him i will make a better cathy because i won't make fun of him.

4) beethoven. i want to give him a hug. he needs a serious hug. also, i will bring him a hearing aid from the future.

5) simone de boviour, cleopatra, camille paglia: i want to give them high fives. then they can leave. actually, camille can stay. cleopatra is probably hotter than me so i wouldn't want her around.

don't tell me i'm breaking the rules. it's my dinner party. i can do what i want.

God, Carl Jung, Oscar Wilde and a toss up between Eddie Izzard and Dave Chapelle.

kim kardashian: do i need to explain
coach K: hes more than a basketball coach. he offers great insight to life.
my dad's dad: i never met him, but i hear hes a fun guy.
len bias: he died too young

I honestly hope you are kidding

my four people:

Marie Antoinette (with or without head is fine)
Henry Ford
Dian Fossey (pre-machete also, if not it could be weird)
Ronald Reagan

:)

hahaha, nice. marie makes my short list of substitutes. so does hemingway, although i think he's probably more of a guy to have a drink with and get depressed about and then drink some more with.

there used to be these books called like "coffee with hemingway" and others where a guy pretended to have a convo with the people. they were kinda cool for reading while you in line at barnes and noble.

Jesus: Duh
Stalin: I'd really like to hear his version of events. Did he honestly think he was helping or was he aware of how much a douche he was?
Lincoln: I'm curious as to what he thought of himself.
Last Mayan Scientist: Where did they all go?

Members don't see this ad :)
The Apostle Paul: one of my personal heroes
Ron Paul: my politics align pretty well with his
Clint Eastwood: absolute cinematic genius and my all-time favorite entertainer
Liviu Librescu: my absolute hero

I didn't include Jesus...I'd be scared. :eek:

Obama
Napoleon
Steve Jobs
Spider-Man

Chewbacca - because who doesn't love Chewie

Han Solo - Some one's gotta translate Shyriiwook

Augustus Caesar (Octavian) - my favorite Roman (History major here) Let's also pretend he speaks English.

Hemingway - why not?

i would not want to invite Jesus to dinner. I feel like if anyone's doing the inviting for that dinner party it really should be Jesus. kinda not my place.

i would not want to invite Jesus to dinner. I feel like if anyone's doing the inviting for that dinner party it really should be Jesus. kinda not my place.

i doubt jesus would attend your dinner any ways, he was technically assassainated at one of those before :).

If I were being interviewed by four people, I would invite those four people... :D

This thread is interesting...as i was asked a very similar question (name 3 people to dine with) when i was a senior in high school interviewing at a college.