Interview question women...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think I own many flats is the problem...i think pumps add a lot to the look...:)

Members don't see this ad.

If you can't walk in heels, DON'T wear heels. There is nothing worse than a girl who thinks she can walk in heels and can't. But if you can strut in heels, and walk up and down stairs no problem, then wear heels. With heels on you look taller, stronger, elegant, streamlined, and powerful. But if you wear heels and can't walk in them, you look like a little girl. I wore 3 inch heels to my interview, and they helped me to have the confidence to nail my interview and win a seat.

In regards to biggum people...There was a 300+lb. applicant at my NYU interview. This person was SO BIG that she could barely make it through the narrow NYU stairwells. Nobody could certainly pass her on the stairs. She was accepted....

In some cases beauty makes things easier, but in some ways it makes things harder. Beauty can be used against you by less attractive people. For whatever reason, jealousy probably, they treat you as a lesser applicant. Beauty does not make a person less capable. For the record, I feel like a science nerd trapped in a dumb blonde's body because that is how I am treated. I have had to fight three times as hard compared to some of my friends for the same positions in life. Certain people like holding the beautiful people down because of the stereotype that beautiful people have it easier. So while at some schools being beautiful gives you an edge, at other schools being beautiful is the kiss of death.

I would definitely want my dentist to be a hottie if I had the choice....why don't more male models apply for dental school? *sigh*

If I were a male patient I would rather have a hot chick working on my teeth. They would forget about the pain as they focused on the glowing beauty and round, perky busom of their doctor. You would never have to tell them to "open", because when you walk through the door, their jaw will automatically drop when they see how hot their dentist is!

good points! AGREED!:thumbup:

If you can't walk in heels, DON'T wear heels. There is nothing worse than a girl who thinks she can walk in heels and can't. But if you can strut in heels, and walk up and down stairs no problem, then wear heels. With heels on you look taller, stronger, elegant, streamlined, and powerful. But if you wear heels and can't walk in them, you look like a little girl. I wore 3 inch heels to my interview, and they helped me to have the confidence to nail my interview and win a seat.

In regards to biggum people...There was a 300+lb. applicant at my NYU interview. This person was SO BIG that she could barely make it through the narrow NYU stairwells. Nobody could certainly pass her on the stairs. She was accepted....

In some cases beauty makes things easier, but in some ways it makes things harder. Beauty can be used against you by less attractive people. For whatever reason, jealousy probably, they treat you as a lesser applicant. Beauty does not make a person less capable. For the record, I feel like a science nerd trapped in a dumb blonde's body because that is how I am treated. I have had to fight three times as hard compared to some of my friends for the same positions in life. Certain people like holding the beautiful people down because of the stereotype that beautiful people have it easier. So while at some schools being beautiful gives you an edge, at other schools being beautiful is the kiss of death.

I would definitely want my dentist to be a hottie if I had the choice....why don't more male models apply for dental school? *sigh*

If I were a male patient I would rather have a hot chick working on my teeth. They would forget about the pain as they focused on the glowing beauty and round, perky busom of their doctor. You would never have to tell them to "open", because when you walk through the door, their jaw will automatically drop when they see how hot their dentist is!

Members don't see this ad :)
okay this is what i wore:

-White collared shirt under a dk. brown suit
-black pumps w/ a heel that wasnt too skinny and a toe pt that wasnt too pointy.
-silver heart tiffanys necklace, silver earrings, i have my second piercing as well with a diamond stud, and my cartilege that has a star (i think my hair hid my ears though)
-my hair was down in my usual side part with my side bangs (my hair is past my shoulders)
-my makeup was my usual makeup: im asian so i use the liquid eyeliner, mascara, and brown eyeshadow. i used chapstick instead of lipgloss because i dont like to have my hair stick to my lipgloss.

all in all....i just kinda looked the same way i always look (but with a suit on). granted, i never go overboard with makeup generally but i just felt comfortable. and thats what i think is important! and i dont think i was judged negatively for having my hair down and wearing eyeliner.

beauty vs intelligence?
i would honestly say that i have an above average body and face. not great but not put into the ugly pile or the fat pile or the normal pile. the way i talk does not at all indicate that i am intelligent. i dont feel like people look at me with as much respect but that is only because i judge others the same way so i kind of deserve it.

many people make the arguement that you shouldn't smoke as a dentist because you are working in the healthcare field and it would be hypocritical to be unhealthy. in MY OPINION, i think this applies to obese people.

Did you guys wear handbags or what? Like did you take a purse, big/small? Thanks!

For my 1st few interviews I wore a medium bag... Then I got lazy and took my big longchamps bag with me bc it's roomy and I can fit everything in it - including a pair of sweatpants to change into for the flights home :) My interviews were so incredibly laid back, I don't think anyone ever even looked at my bag or cared what I brought at all.

ann taylor also has nice bags, big enough for notebook and pen for notes but small enough that it doesn't look too big.

If I were a male patient I would rather have a hot chick working on my teeth. They would forget about the pain as they focused on the glowing beauty and round, perky busom of their doctor.

Quoted for truth. Also, I felt it necessary to point out that you mispelled bosom, as I am rather fond of them as well.