Interview questions on health care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raindropx

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For interviews, how much talk should we expect about Obamacare, "fixing" health care, politics, other stuff that needs some research? Are they just looking to see that we know our stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

Wouldn't hurt to do a quick Google search on single-payer health care. Maybe even a run-down on the presidential candidates' view on health care.

I had to convince myself not to do this as "for the interview," but instead view it as "this is the stuff that will impact my career." Although I don't need to be the economist that solves all the issues or anything that severe.

Reactions: 1 user
For interviews, how much talk should we expect about Obamacare, "fixing" health care, politics, other stuff that needs some research? Are they just looking to see that we know our stuff?

I find it interesting that they ask about that at all. To me it seems more of a public health or policy issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
I find it interesting that they ask about that at all. To me it seems more of a public health or policy issue.

A lot of these issues will impact how and where you practice medicine so it would be prudent to be aware of said changes. Plus, there are also people (read current doctors and aspiring) out there with secondary public health or policy reform interests.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
And those issues will impact your career and practice more than any other forces in the market. Everyone should know about them

Ah damn. raindropx got slammed with the banhammer :( There goes my favorite avatar :(

In regards to the original thread topic, understanding the current healthcare issues is always a plus. As @efle recommended elsewhere, I recommend reading Kenneth Arrow's healthcare critique for a solid background. The contemporary issues on ACA follow from there.

Additionally, you can read business related articles on healthcare markets, which are commonly found in Wall Street Journal/Financial Times/Economist/Forbes/Atlantic/. An overview is important.

A lot of these issues will impact how and where you practice medicine so it would be prudent to be aware of said changes. Plus, there are also people (read current doctors and aspiring) out there with secondary public health or policy reform interests.
And those issues will impact your career and practice more than any other forces in the market. Everyone should know about them

Exactly. But try your best to keep it in a neutral tone and avoid the economic technicalities and debates.

Ah damn. raindropx got slammed with the banhammer :( There goes my favorite avatar :(

In regards to the original thread topic, understanding the current healthcare issues is always a plus. As @efle recommended elsewhere, I recommend reading Kenneth Arrow's healthcare critique for a solid background. The contemporary issues on ACA follow from there.

Additionally, you can read business related articles on healthcare markets, which are commonly found in Wall Street Journal/Financial Times/Economist/Forbes/Atlantic/. An overview is important.

Exactly. But try your best to keep it in a neutral tone and avoid the economic technicalities and debates.

Good point on avoiding technicalities and debates.