Interview Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hawkeye

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What type of questions can one expect from an Osteopathic school during the interview? Does the committee just grill the applicant with "Explain to me the Osteopathic Philosophy, and Why do you want to be a D.O. and not an M.D.?" Thanks to all who apply and good luck to all during the second semester!

Go Hawkeyes

Members don't see this ad.

I recently interviewed at a DO school and it wasn't really a hard session about why DO over MD. He asked me if I knew the history behind DOs - but nothing crazy. You just want to present yourself as someone who wants to become a physician for all the right reasons.
Good luck.

Pretty standard stuff Hawkeye. Of the two interviews I went to (UHS and MSUCOM) these same basic questions were asked.

1.Tell us a little about yoursef.
2.Why a doctor?
3.What kind of doctor do you want to be?
4.Why Osteopathy?
5.What other schools did you apply to? Followed up by: How would you chose our school over the others?
6.Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses.
7.All other questions I was asked were applicant specific questions that applied to my own volunteer, work, college, etc.. experiences.

Also check "interviewfeedback.com" they have many more. Don't let some of them scare you though. I don't know where they got some of the questions students claim to be asked during the interview.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004