• Scariest Story Contest

    Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

    JOIN CONTEST

Interview questions

mroof1

DO GONNAB
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2008
48
0
  1. Pre-Medical
    So I have an interview this friday Dec. 5th at school #1 (which is my first choice)
    have interview at school #2 on monday Dec. 15.
    so there is a week in between the two.
    My question: if next week after my interview at school #1 I get the great news of acceptance, is it rude, acceptable, ok or whatever adjective to call school #2 and decline my interview? Is it too close of a time frame to call and cancel? Should I call, email or both? or should I go to both interviews?
    Thanks for any feedback, suggestions and opinions. I just dont want to seem unprofessional.
     

    Bamish

    Tired and old today
    10+ Year Member
    Jul 23, 2008
    190
    1
    1. Pre-Medical
      So I have an interview this friday Dec. 5th at school #1 (which is my first choice)
      have interview at school #2 on monday Dec. 15.
      so there is a week in between the two.
      My question: if next week after my interview at school #1 I get the great news of acceptance, is it rude, acceptable, ok or whatever adjective to call school #2 and decline my interview? Is it too close of a time frame to call and cancel? Should I call, email or both? or should I go to both interviews?
      Thanks for any feedback, suggestions and opinions. I just dont want to seem unprofessional.

      If you get into your first choice then why not cancel the other one. No reason to waste money on a place that you're sure you won't attend. I understand you wanting to maintain a professionalism, but honestly, if your 100% on your first choice, why bother with the other.

      Good luck on the interview(s)! :)
       

      Chocolate Bear

      Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      May 7, 2008
      8,192
      11
      The Only Place I Wanna Be
        If you get into your first choice then why not cancel the other one. No reason to waste money on a place that you're sure you won't attend. I understand you wanting to maintain a professionalism, but honestly, if your 100% on your first choice, why bother with the other.

        Good luck on the interview(s)! :)

        Exactly. OP, don't feel rude about saving money, time, and hassle, if you decide you don't need/want to attend a given interview. Spend that time and money celebrating your first choice acceptance!! :D
         
        About the Ads

        Bamish

        Tired and old today
        10+ Year Member
        Jul 23, 2008
        190
        1
        1. Pre-Medical
          If its not hard to get to school #2, I'd consider going on the interview for at the very least gaining interview experience in case you get other interviews at schools you really want to go to.

          Good point. I suppose if it would be pretty cheap and easy to attend the second interview it might be worth it. But if it would amount to any real sum of money, or even just time that you don't want to invest, I would not bother--as long as you have that acceptance from number 1! :)

          Good luck either way! :)
           

          mroof1

          DO GONNAB
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Feb 2, 2008
          48
          0
          1. Pre-Medical
            Thanks for all the responses. I probably will just call and cancel the school #2 interview if and only if I get the acceptance to school #1. It will be a little over 8 hour drive and not time well spent unless the unfortunate news of no acceptances. I guess I was just wondering about the time frame. If it was too close to the school #2 interview to call and cancel. Also, is it more proper to call, email or both? I would probably call but just wondering.
             

            Dissected

            All bleeding stops eventually
            10+ Year Member
            Jul 16, 2008
            2,666
            35
            West Coast
            1. Attending Physician
              Thanks for all the responses. I probably will just call and cancel the school #2 interview if and only if I get the acceptance to school #1. It will be a little over 8 hour drive and not time well spent unless the unfortunate news of no acceptances. I guess I was just wondering about the time frame. If it was too close to the school #2 interview to call and cancel. Also, is it more proper to call, email or both? I would probably call but just wondering.

              good plan. a call would be best, especially considering the time frame.

              do you really expect to hear back that fast from school #1? the only school i've heard of that is that fast is PNWU...did I just reveal their identity? :eek:
               

              mroof1

              DO GONNAB
              10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Feb 2, 2008
              48
              0
              1. Pre-Medical
                Thanks for all the responses.
                I got accepted to PCSOM! I am so excited. I went ahead and emailed school #2 about the declined interview. I was polite and professional. They emailed me back and said sorry to hear that and good luck. They also said, would you mind telling us where you got accepted at? I haven't emailed them back about that. Should I or does it matter?
                 
                About the Ads
                This thread is more than 12 years old.

                Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

                1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.