Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by GATTACA CTAATGT, Jan 2, 2009.

1. GATTACA CTAATGT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I enjoyed reading your responses from my last post. Thanks for your insight. I found some additional scenario questions.

1. What would you if you caught a pharmacist you worked with for a long time drinking? To whom, would you report it?

2. What would you do if you suspected that a prescription was forged? To whom, would you report it?

3. A physician presents you with a prescription he has written for himself. Do you fill it? Why or why not?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks again.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TTUMike

TTUMike Accepted Pharmacy Student
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    1. Tell the store manager if the drinking occurred at work. I would assume you don't mean drinking outside of work.
    2. Happens quite often. Tell the pharmacist you think you have a forged prescription and have them call the doctor if they agree.
    3. Again happens often. Only filled if not control substance.

4. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger Membership Revoked
    Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    1) If not on work grounds, I won't say anything unless it's tremendously affecting his/her performance. However, there also has to be respect for people's private lives off work grounds. Not all pharmacists are superheros :).

2) I would call the doctor whose name has been forged on the script. I would ask about the patient and the request I have received. If it was a case of a forged script, I would immediately notify the police & provide information needed. lol sorry for violating the "no snitching" clause...gotta do my job though.

3) Yes, the prescription comes from a physician, so it meets a crucial qualification (thanks to the DEA). I don't know if this is true (correct me if I'm wrong), but doctors can prescribe controlled medications to themselves, but the DEA (through documentation) will be all over it & find out if any drug abuse is taking place.

5. TTUMike

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Most pharmacists would feel uncomfortable doing it. I'm sure they would not turn down a doctor unless for obvious reasons like a continuing prescription of vicodin. In this case the doctor should have someone else prescribing for him.

6. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun
    Pharmacist Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If it's at work, then I'd report the drinking but I wouldn't give a hoot if the pharmacist was getting high at home.

7. TTUMike

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well said.