Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATTACA CTAATGT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your responses from my last post. Thanks for your insight. I found some additional scenario questions.

1. What would you if you caught a pharmacist you worked with for a long time drinking? To whom, would you report it?

2. What would you do if you suspected that a prescription was forged? To whom, would you report it?

3. A physician presents you with a prescription he has written for himself. Do you fill it? Why or why not?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Tell the store manager if the drinking occurred at work. I would assume you don't mean drinking outside of work.
2. Happens quite often. Tell the pharmacist you think you have a forged prescription and have them call the doctor if they agree.
3. Again happens often. Only filled if not control substance.

I enjoyed reading your responses from my last post. Thanks for your insight. I found some additional scenario questions.

1. What would you if you caught a pharmacist you worked with for a long time drinking? To whom, would you report it?

2. What would you do if you suspected that a prescription was forged? To whom, would you report it?

3. A physician presents you with a prescription he has written for himself. Do you fill it? Why or why not?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks again.

1) If not on work grounds, I won't say anything unless it's tremendously affecting his/her performance. However, there also has to be respect for people's private lives off work grounds. Not all pharmacists are superheros :).

2) I would call the doctor whose name has been forged on the script. I would ask about the patient and the request I have received. If it was a case of a forged script, I would immediately notify the police & provide information needed. lol sorry for violating the "no snitching" clause...gotta do my job though.

3) Yes, the prescription comes from a physician, so it meets a crucial qualification (thanks to the DEA). I don't know if this is true (correct me if I'm wrong), but doctors can prescribe controlled medications to themselves, but the DEA (through documentation) will be all over it & find out if any drug abuse is taking place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most pharmacists would feel uncomfortable doing it. I'm sure they would not turn down a doctor unless for obvious reasons like a continuing prescription of vicodin. In this case the doctor should have someone else prescribing for him.

If it's at work, then I'd report the drinking but I wouldn't give a hoot if the pharmacist was getting high at home.

Well said.