Interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dashne Gafoor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I thought there used to be a thread with a standard list of interview questions for each allo school. Can anyone tell me what happened to it? Or am I just thinking of something else?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Aw, I think you missed an opportunity, Teddy. I would have taken credit for personally compiling the entore interview feedback database myself before putting it up...

"Oh, yeah... I had the same idea... I've been working on a little compilation of my own. There's only a few thousand results so far..."

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey, thanks Teddy! Actually, I had already seen this, but I honestly thought that there was a thread that listed some general questions asked during each interview. I know schools ask questions pertaining to your application, but I am under the impression that they have a standard set of questions as well.....that is what I am looking for.

There really isn't a standard set. Or, if there is, it's things like, 'how are you doing?' or 'do you have any questions for me?'.

Being asked why you want to be a doctor / go into medicine / go to school X is also a near certainty. Beyond that though, interviews (at least the good ones) are pretty free-form. There's a give and take, and it's like a conversation. All you can do is think on your feet - which isn't too hard because you probably do know quite a bit about yourself, and that's what they're generally trying to find out.