• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Interview questions

sbopt87

Mar 2, 2012
  1. Pre-Optometry
What is your greatest strength and weakness?

So i got strength which is ability to organize, but weakness I feel is hard.

I read a lot of threads on here, and seen as 50/50 between serious and funny.

I saw a lot of people say that saying the same thing like shy or perfectionist was common and maybe saying something like cooking or shopping or animals was better.

Anyways would like some more input.

MeShe1ly

5+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2010
  1. Pre-Optometry
I think when giving your response for what you think your weakness is, you should give a more thoughtful answer, less on the funny side. When I was asked this question, I thought of an actual weakness I had (for instance, shyness), but then emphasized how I overcame it or have worked to improve on this weakness. I would think that saying your weakness is "perfectionism" isn't going to seem like a very genuine response. Answer it honestly, but definitely show what kind of efforts you've made to address your weakness.

MeShe1ly

5+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2010
  1. Pre-Optometry
If you want to personalize it or make your response stand out more, maybe give them a more specific anecdote. For instance, when was a time when your shyness was an obstacle for you and how did you approach the situation. I don't think you necessarily need to have a unique weakness. They interview so many students, obviously there will be a lot of overlap in responses. The best way to make yourself stand out is how you answer (w/ confidence and personality) and offering more specific answers that will make them remember you.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.