Interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbopt87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your greatest strength and weakness?

So i got strength which is ability to organize, but weakness I feel is hard.

I read a lot of threads on here, and seen as 50/50 between serious and funny.

I saw a lot of people say that saying the same thing like shy or perfectionist was common and maybe saying something like cooking or shopping or animals was better.

Anyways would like some more input.

Members don't see this ad.

I think when giving your response for what you think your weakness is, you should give a more thoughtful answer, less on the funny side. When I was asked this question, I thought of an actual weakness I had (for instance, shyness), but then emphasized how I overcame it or have worked to improve on this weakness. I would think that saying your weakness is "perfectionism" isn't going to seem like a very genuine response. Answer it honestly, but definitely show what kind of efforts you've made to address your weakness.

well mine was shyness, and how i have overcame it by working with patients, but i felt this was a common answer.

If you want to personalize it or make your response stand out more, maybe give them a more specific anecdote. For instance, when was a time when your shyness was an obstacle for you and how did you approach the situation. I don't think you necessarily need to have a unique weakness. They interview so many students, obviously there will be a lot of overlap in responses. The best way to make yourself stand out is how you answer (w/ confidence and personality) and offering more specific answers that will make them remember you.