Interview season 2003!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Until I can cobble up a quick and dirty FAQ on interviews - traveling, flying, renting, etc., here's the SDN link to interview feedback: <b>SDN Interview Feedback </b>

It provides a wealth of information for those upcoming interviews.

Search for specific terms: <b>SDN Search Tool </b>

Some minor ramblings about traveling to interviews:

1) If you are flying, try to book flights at least 21 days in advance. Plane fares will increase after this window.

2) When making connecting flights, try to include at least an hour, if not longer, between flights. Security measures at airports makes gives you less time to eat, stretch, go to the restroom, and flights board earlier because of this.

3) Try to arrive the day before your interview - especially on coast-to-coast flights. You will need some time to adjust to the new time zone. Don't let the jet lag get the better of you!

Good luck everyone!

- Tae

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone please teach our moderator how to use the sticky properly? Links to the search function (which finds a permanent link at the top) and to another website are not exactly sticky-worthy posts.

[I don't think I even have to mention that flight "info," do I?]

Get a clue Tae!

Tae is a new moderator and he is still probably learning how to work things around on sdn. Why don't you appreciate the fact that he is atleast trying to help? If you are unhappy about the way tae is moderating this forum, then be a bit tactful in your posts! This is probably the only site for premeds that is so helpful and there are so many nice people out here who want to help others, so feel lucky that you are atleast getting some info here!

Btw, Tae is an awesome moderator, so don't you even criticize him!! He has been a great help whenever I had a question or needed any assistance! Its hard to be in med school, also have a family, on top of that, volunteer to help others on sdn and tae is, by far, doing wonderful job as a moderator!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DrLady
Tae is a new moderator and he is still probably learning how to work things around on sdn.
Oh, I see, kinda the Schwarzenegger of SDN?

Carry on Tae!

By the way, here's another link to a really swell site that everyone already knows about.

The next time we add a moderator, maybe we should pick one who already knows "how to work things around on sdn."

Excuse you, I'm not exactly sure why you're displaying such animosity and rudeness towards this moderator. So what if he/she's a bit new. If he/she feels a post like this "sticky"-worthy, so be it. Tkim was chosen by election of the moderators and we feel we have made an excellent choice - we only elect those who are knowledgeable and well-respected in their fields.

So pretty much, your bitterness and pettiness is not worth your trouble.

Originally posted by leorl
we only elect those who are knowledgeable and well-respected in their fields.

Apparently not.

Here's the real problem. Half of the posts in this forum are directed to why DO's are not as good as MDs, which then leads to a general flame war consisting of about 20 DOs or DO applicants against one or two inciters. Much of this crap could be done away with if the moderator would simply explain, in a clear and concise manner, why DOs are in the position that they are in. This would probably involve a brief history of the profession, a quick discussion of where it is heading, etc. Could simply be a cut and paste from an intelligent post from the past.

But, instead, we have posts from Tae simply adding to the stupidity of it all. See, e.g., Tae's latest. (This was his only contribution to the thread, by the way.) And, as you, leorl, read when I reported Tae's post to the rest of the moderating team, this type of post does nothing more than inflame the OP. Not only do we not want to see this crap coming from a moderator, we don't want to see this crap at all.

So, the next time you're voting on moderators, don't pick someone who simply throws fuel on the fire and then runs back into the "lounge" to pad their posts; but instead, pick someone who has been contributing in a meaningful way. And there are dozens here who have been doing just that.

This forum is perhaps many students' first introduction to the osteopathic profession. Most (yes, most) will be getting an M.D., and will certainly remember those few times when they stepped into the pre-osteo forum to see what it was all about or get a good laugh. Idiotic posts like Tae's do nothing more than leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth, and perpetuate the cycle.

And, of course, his inability to properly utilize the features of this board (e.g., the sticky) doesn't help.

So pretty much, all of my bitterness and pettiness in trying to see this profession rise above what is posted here may not be worth my trouble, but it certainly can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.