Interview Specifics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

In Easy We Trust

Reaction score
So I have upcoming interviews at SCO UHCO UIW Western and MIdwestern AZ. I wanted to know if their are any things I should know specific to any of the schools for that process. I already have a pretty good understandings of most of the types of questions to be asked from this board, and I also used the SDN interview question bank from the schools overviews. However the dates of when applicants submitted those questions are unknown so I do not know if they are dated. Pretty much please let me know if anything during interviews at the schools were particularly "blind siding"

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As I’m sure you’ve read, SCO’s interview is very laid back and conversational. They allow an hour for your interview (doesn’t have to be that long). Mine ended up going about the full time, and I thought that flew by. I prepared by looking through those questions too, and thought my interview went very well. I think the only questions not about you they asked were about legislation in the state you plan to practice in (you could talk about licensing requirements, continuing education, other special laws, etc) and current issues in optometry. Neither of those questions seemed to require a very in depth specific answer, you don’t need to be an expert on the topic. They asked about my shadowing experiences, favorite classes, time management skills, future plans, hobbies, extracurriculars, why SCO, why optometry, and there was a scenario question. I was definitely prepared for anything going into that interview with all the basic questions you’ll read on the interview feedback, even though they’re a little old. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user