interview tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajneel1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you folks have any interview tips for me????????

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah
1) Dont have your answers rehearsed (otherwise you sound like you are reading them straight from a book)
2) Try to stay relaxed ( I know it's hard but not impossible ;) )
3) Listen CAREFULLY to everything the interviewer says and asks.
4) Before answering a question pause for a couple of seconds to organize your thoughts and then answer.
5) Do not try to lead the conversation, let the interviewers do it.
6) ***** Know WHY you want to be a doctor, and WHAT motivated you to pursue Medicine ***** (Something more than "I want to help people", you can help paople through a thousand other jobs as well.)
7) Get a good night's rest..... And go get 'em.

1) Be confident and be yourself.

2) Honestly look at the interview process not just as an opportunity for them to "assess" you, but also for you to check out the school and see if it's a right match for you as well. It's a learning experience; it can be a lot of fun if you go about it with a sense of curiosity & excitement. :)

3) Although I know this is a debated topic, I believe it's advisable to write a thank-you letter afterward. Try to pick out something unique from the interview so that it doesn't seem like a form letter, i.e., don't just say, "Thank you for interviewing me, I think the school is great, etc." Add something that makes you unique!

Hope this helps! :)