Interview Tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beardentist26

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview tomorrow and I am really nervous. Does anyone have any tips or advice about the type of interview questions they could potentially ask me that might come off difficult or catch me off guard? I would really want to know just sample interview questions. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
practice speaking out loud

Reactions: 2 users
I had my first this week too. Prep a few of the basics: who are you? why dentistry? why this school? why should we pick you over other applicants? what was the most interesting case you shadowed? If you have come this far you know why you want to be there so just be honest and be professional but also relax at the same time and have a conversation. Also listen to what the interviewer has to say and ask questions about what he or she says. Good luck!

Research the school program thoroughly. If a college football school .... mention something significant about their football team. I went to Univ. of Nebraska for dental (home of the Cornhuskers). The minute I said .... "Go Big Red" ... I was in. :)

Seriously though. Research the program. Look the interviewer directly in the eyes. Don't be timid. Make them feel like THEIR program is the one you want to be a part of.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Look up the mission statement and ask questions/talk about it.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I really enjoyed the school and I hope things work out!