Interview Tracker (Reddit + SDN)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! The below message is copy/pasted from my Reddit post. I'll add hyperlinks to my signature going forward so that it's easy to add your data as well!

I was inspired to make an interview tracker like last years (shout out to u/lpp06 and u/edhackett), with some additional changes to include information from secondaries. I started with the form that records your secondary information and based on your answer to "have you been invited to interview" question you will be routed to different pages to get more details about either your interview, rejection, or wait-time. Similar idea as last year's, but I split it into two forms for 2ndary info and II info. I deleted the secondary tracking because it's honestly not useful, imo. If you think otherwise, lemme know

MD:

Share your II information here!

Share your application outcome information here!

and then you can check on your school's data here. *(will update later)

DO:

Share your II information here!

and then you can check your school's data here!

-will update the rest shortly

I also added a sheet within the school data page that shows what screening guidelines schools might have from various sources (thanks u/Eshado for starting that)

I open to suggestions in summarizing and analyzing the data, but please do not do anything without approval/ asking. Hopefully, this will be a great tool for everyone as neurotic as I am :)

edit: added DO II invite/separated MD/DO stuff; deleted secondary tracking because it's readily available on SDN and isn't helpful at this point

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Great resource, I will be sure to put in all mine shortly to help with the data gathering!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Entered all of my data.

BTW, there appears to be two entries for Pittsburgh: U Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh. Is there any way you can combine that data?

Thank you for doing this. It will be a great resource for future applicants.

Would be nice if the data represented indicated MD/PhD interview invites, especially because the MD/PhD cycle often runs at a little later for many schools and I know it would have calmed my nerves a bit if I had access to all that data readily from the previous cycle.

Would be nice if the data represented indicated MD/PhD interview invites, especially because the MD/PhD cycle often runs at a little later for many schools and I know it would have calmed my nerves a bit if I had access to all that data readily from the previous cycle.
I see where this information is in the raw data sheet, but would be nice to insert a column to include program type in the "II tracker" sheet, that way if someone wanted to export the file to excel or SPSS, they could easily sort out the program type from the file.

This is awesome! Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
When you think you are hot stuff and then see that everyone else on your interview date has higher stats :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
When you think you are hot stuff and then see that everyone else on your interview date has higher stats :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think this is why they tell us on interview day "don't talk about your stats or other schools you have interviews at." It intimidates others. I mean, of course we still do (at least the interviews) but still.

Reactions: 1 users
I think this is why they tell us on interview day "don't talk about your stats or other schools you have interviews at." It intimidates others. I mean, of course we still do (at least the interviews) but still.

Did your interviewers ask where else you have been offered interviews?

Haha, this just makes me think of the Brian Regan bit on the one-upper. Well, I have 100 interview invites!

Did your interviewers ask where else you have been offered interviews?
Not the interviewers, no. The other applicants did talk. Mostly so we could be like "See you at Mayo!" "Aw, missing you at pitt by 2 days, will you still be in the area to catch breakfast?" so on, so forth.

I see where this information is in the raw data sheet, but would be nice to insert a column to include program type in the "II tracker" sheet, that way if someone wanted to export the file to excel or SPSS, they could easily sort out the program type from the file.
done :)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Entered all of my data.

BTW, there appears to be two entries for Pittsburgh: U Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh. Is there any way you can combine that data?

Thank you for doing this. It will be a great resource for future applicants.
fixed it - I was going through and relabeling the school names and had to relabel the google form and then change previous entries to reflect the updated school names :)

That just means you have things to offer other than stats. My GPA is the lowest so far for pretty much all of the schools I've gotten IIs to (at least out of what's been reported on the spreadsheet).

Last edited by a moderator:
Who in the world is the "& Ties To State" guy? You have ties to pretty much every state in the country, or something? Jesus.

Edit: I have noticed now that it's more than one person, the GPAs are different. I'm still skeptical!! But I'll allow it. I've looked again and I've clearly been at work for too many hours and I'm going to go sit myself down and shut up.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Who in the world is the "& Ties To State" guy? You have ties to pretty much every state in the country, or something? Jesus.

“I had a connecting flight in Atlanta once. That’s a strong connection if I’ve ever heard of one!”

• Haha

Edit: I have noticed now that it's more than one person, the GPAs are different. I'm still skeptical!! But I'll allow it. I've looked again and I've clearly been at work for too many hours and I'm going to go sit myself down and shut up.
lol may or may not analyze random things to then realize they aren't connected. I'm just happy people are filling this out tbh!

“I had a connecting flight in Atlanta once. That’s a strong connection if I’ve ever heard of one!”
I have been to Minneapolis and Denver at least a dozen times. Ever since I was a little child we would go there to visit my grandparents.

Both technically true statements...my grandparents just lived in Florida and we passed through those airports each summer lol

• Haha
Ooh cool, imma go fill this out now :D

I added more ways to track the data... if anyone else has something they'd like to see, just let me know!

I would say add the date complete (secondary) to the II tracker sheet. That sheet is much easier to read, and giving a complete day makes it easy to see how long others have waited to hear.

I would say add the date complete (secondary) to the II tracker sheet. That sheet is much easier to read, and giving a complete day makes it easy to see how long others have waited to hear.
okay - will do! I had it as a hidden column and it's unhidden now

There is a lot of great info on SDN, but this has to rank in the top 10 IMO. The Interview Tracker (Reddit + SDN) put together by limeyguydr is terrific. It's basically a spreadsheet compiling when people submitted the 2, when they were invited for an interview, date of interview, IS or OOS, GPA and MCAT.

If you have received an interview invite, please submit your data so others can feel some hope, see what the applicant pool looks like, gain knowledge...

Thank for doing it limeyguydr!

Interview Tracker

Why make a separate post when you can just bump the one that already exists/was posted on as recently as yesterday..?

Why make a separate post when you can just bump the one that already exists/was posted on as recently as yesterday..?

I know seems redundant, right? I was trying to get that post some more publicity. More involvement from the peers who just ignore it.

Just a nudge on this thread and if people can contribute their data where applicable, that would be awesome :)

bumping this for visibility! add to it if you can/want :)

@limeyguydr hey the people on this thread know about it... u need to add it to all the school specific threads! So useful thank you!!

@limeyguydr hey the people on this thread know about it... u need to add it to all the school specific threads! So useful thank you!!
I got in trouble for adding it to the school-specific threads and was told to stop. If you all would be willing to share it in the threads where you have IIs or are waiting to hear, that would be awesome haha

edit: you can copy and paste this

add your interview data here.
check your school's data
here.

Last edited:
I’m just gonna add this to my signature and credit you if you don’t mind lol (just the MD one so it’s not too cluttered)
please do :) I totally don't mind

Thanks for putting this all together! I submitted my data, and based my "secondary complete date" off of when I got the complete email from the school rather than when I submitted my secondary. I hope that's ok!

updating this to add...

You can share pre-II rejections/holds/etc or acceptances if you were EDP. If you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected post-II, you can add that as well

• Love
updating this to add...

You can share pre-II rejections/holds/etc or acceptances if you were EDP. If you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected post-II, you can add that as well
thank you!! could you add the excel/results link too?

It's in the same google spreadsheet as the interview tracker ;)

This is incredible! Is it possible to make a pros/cons list +interview feedback for DO school as well? I understand this is primarily in pre-MD, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. (I am also not the one doing the work, so either way thank you for creating these documents!)

This is incredible! Is it possible to make a pros/cons list +interview feedback for DO school as well? I understand this is primarily in pre-MD, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. (I am also not the one doing the work, so either way thank you for creating these documents!)
Yeah for sure - give me a second and I'll make one :)

edit: I posted about it on the DO forum but it's available now :) @nli53

Last edited:
  • Love
Yeah for sure - give me a second and I'll make one :)

edit: I posted about it on the DO forum but it's available now :) @nli53
hey! can I make a suggestion for the forms in general: maybe at the complete page, can you include the link to the original form again so it's easy to fill out the form again for another school?

hey! can I make a suggestion for the forms in general: maybe at the complete page, can you include the link to the original form again so it's easy to fill out the form again for another school?
Hey, the forms should have an option to fill them out again for each school right after. I just looked at the MD interview tracker and "Show link to submit another response" should appear once the form is filled out. I'll double-check for the other ones.

• Love
Bumping this for visibility. Everyone, this is an incredible resource for current and future applicants. PLEASE add your data (it's anonymous)! It looks like we're missing a lot of data for September and October, so don't be shy and fill it out! Thank you @limeyguydr for making these spreadsheets!