interview @Tufts on Feb. 19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinsanity

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any SDNers going to interview at Tufts this up coming tuesday, Feb 19???

Members don't see this ad.

I am, I am! Maybe we'll meet!

We'll definitely meet!! Do you have to be there around 9:30am too? Where are you coming from??

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, I am a Tufts student; maybe I'll come by after my anatomy and physical diagnosis exams and see you (and any others who may be interviewing on that day). Nothing like the smell of formaldehyde to make applicants want to attend a school:D
BTW, if you PM me it will go to my old e-mail; post any questions on here...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by vblam:
•We'll definitely meet!! Do you have to be there around 9:30am too? Where are you coming from??•••••

Yeah, I have to be there around 9:30. I'm coming from Peabody (15 minutes from Boston). You?

Uff, I was trying to get the 19th. I called one day and they said 'oh yeah, we have lots of space on the 19th' I called the second day after that and now my interview is scheduled April 2nd. (!) *Sigh*

If for any unfornseen reason someone withdraws their interview date for the 19th, PLEASE message me! I have an interview at NYMC on the 20th, and it would save me soooo much money to not have to fly out twice from Seattle.

I'm coming from Syracuse.

Katie, how do you like the school and its 9-5 schedule???

Our schedule does not really run from 9-5 in spite of the rumors. There have been a few days where anatomy lab runs late, but only one day (on a group lab exam day) when people were required to stay after 5. During the first semester, classes usually didn't run past 3 or 4 at the very latest. The exception to this is if you are in one of the combined degree programs, which run until 5:30 on Tuesdays (and later for the MD/MBA's). If you decide for yourself what classes are worth going to I think you can work around the 9-5 schedule (and we all do here). Overall, I like the H/P/F grading system at Tufts (and wouldn't mind if it were P/F), the low-stress environment of the first semester (we do anatomy second semester), and the faculty and students are v. good for the most part. Also like Boston! I don't like the high cost here and don't like living in the dorm (v. bad decision on my part). Try to remember that if the students are a little grumpy when you meet them that the first years will have just taken an anatomy exam; we're really not like that all the time.. anyway, maybe i'll see you on tuesday, good luck!

dear oneironaut,
i'm cancelling mine on the 19th.
good luck! :wink:

Hey, I think I got it! I got somebody's date anyways. :) THANKS!!!

I now have my Tufts interview on the 19th, and NYMC on the 20th. (All I have to do is fly-like-the-wind between them.)

Thanks!

For those of you who got invites from Tufts/NYMC when were your secondaries complete.

I am still waiting for interview invites from these schools. Thinking about writing letters of intent this weekend.

---Veggie

Hey Veggiegirl,
NYMC invited me for an interview on 3/6 (date of interview-4/15). My application was complete 1/2/02. Good luck. :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Veggiegirl:
•For those of you who got invites from Tufts/NYMC when were your secondaries complete.

I am still waiting for interview invites from these schools. Thinking about writing letters of intent this weekend.

---Veggie•••••Just wondering, is it ok to write letters of intent to more than one school? How can you promise ot go to more than one school if accepted? Or do you mean letters of interest? :confused: