Interview without sending secondary material?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieved an interview offer without sending my letters or rec. or anything else aside from my primary to a specific school. I decided a long time ago not to send my secondary fee and other material to the school since it was just another cost and work I didn't wish to do. Has this happened to anyone else? The school wasn't Univ. of Pitt nor UCI. I know you guys might be eager to know which school it was but I wouldn't want a gunner calling the school to complain and some how the school narrowing the leak to a certain amount of students, including me.

The school is decent, not a big name. I 'm wondering if they are desparetly seeking more applicants or if they read over my AMCAS and liked what they saw. This year is such a weird year!

Members don't see this ad.

The same thing happened to me with Indiana.

It did happen to me at Pitt, and that's been the only interview I've gotten so far. I'm glad at least I got that, because without it, I would truly be psychotic at this point.

It does leave me to question though how badly I could have screwed up my other secondary applications that I've heard nothing from anybody else at all.

Good luck with your interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know anyone at UCI who has interviewed without turning in a secondary? Due to the way you phrased it, it seems as though Pitt and UCI have been giving out interviews without secondaries. I know this is true with Pitt. But, I highly highly doubt UCI is doing this. No UC gives interviews without recieving secondaries.

I got my secondary and interview requests from UAB at the same time.

vanderbilt does this also

Maybe it's just for Baltimore applicants.
:)

Temple, Pitt, and Howard do this as well.

U Mich. offered me an interview invite without a secondary. Is this a common practice (inviting for interviews without a secondary??) Do those of you who were extended invites this way have pretty stellar stats? What is it about an applicant that warrants this "bucking" the traditional system?

UW Madison does this too - I had my app complete at my interview, but was surprised to find out that this is a regular practice of theirs.

I have recieved two of my three interview invites so far without having completed the respective secondaries. I would definitely not say my stats are "stellar," but they are not terrible, either. I do get the feeling, though, that when schools do this, they are basing the invite mainly on numbers, because both of the interviews I got this way came right after the schools received my august MCAT scores.