SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Interview without sending secondary material?!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jmejia1, Dec 15, 2001.

1. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2001
    tx
    I recieved an interview offer without sending my letters or rec. or anything else aside from my primary to a specific school. I decided a long time ago not to send my secondary fee and other material to the school since it was just another cost and work I didn't wish to do. Has this happened to anyone else? The school wasn't Univ. of Pitt nor UCI. I know you guys might be eager to know which school it was but I wouldn't want a gunner calling the school to complain and some how the school narrowing the leak to a certain amount of students, including me.

The school is decent, not a big name. I 'm wondering if they are desparetly seeking more applicants or if they read over my AMCAS and liked what they saw. This year is such a weird year!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. scottie

scottie Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Indiana
    The same thing happened to me with Indiana.

4. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 1, 2001
    It did happen to me at Pitt, and that's been the only interview I've gotten so far. I'm glad at least I got that, because without it, I would truly be psychotic at this point.

It does leave me to question though how badly I could have screwed up my other secondary applications that I've heard nothing from anybody else at all.

Good luck with your interview.

5. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92' 7+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2001
    Do you know anyone at UCI who has interviewed without turning in a secondary? Due to the way you phrased it, it seems as though Pitt and UCI have been giving out interviews without secondaries. I know this is true with Pitt. But, I highly highly doubt UCI is doing this. No UC gives interviews without recieving secondaries.

6. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2001
    East Providence, RI
    I got my secondary and interview requests from UAB at the same time.

7. chef

chef Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 5, 2001
    vanderbilt does this also

8. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2001
    East Providence, RI
    Maybe it's just for Baltimore applicants.
    :)

9. community

community Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 16, 2001
    New York/New Jersey
    Temple, Pitt, and Howard do this as well.

10. falafel

falafel Junior Member

Dec 14, 2001
    U Mich. offered me an interview invite without a secondary. Is this a common practice (inviting for interviews without a secondary??) Do those of you who were extended invites this way have pretty stellar stats? What is it about an applicant that warrants this "bucking" the traditional system?

11. Badgerbabe

Badgerbabe Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Madison, WI
    UW Madison does this too - I had my app complete at my interview, but was surprised to find out that this is a regular practice of theirs.

12. Sprockette

Sprockette Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 2, 2001
    I have recieved two of my three interview invites so far without having completed the respective secondaries. I would definitely not say my stats are "stellar," but they are not terrible, either. I do get the feeling, though, that when schools do this, they are basing the invite mainly on numbers, because both of the interviews I got this way came right after the schools received my august MCAT scores.