Sending DO letter to MD school post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lumaily

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!
I recently interviewed at one of my top choice MD schools, and I was told that my file will be reviewed one time in the very near future and then not opened again for any reason after it has been ranked. Therefore, any updates should be sent to the committee before that review date.
I shadowed a DO physician two months ago and she said she wrote me a glowing letter and submitted it to Interfolio. Do you guys think I should submit the DO letter as an update before the date for file review? Does anyone know how do MD schools view DO letters of rec? Thank you so much yall!

Best of luck to anyone with an II coming soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Shadowing letters are among the least valued at MD schools.
If this is one of the handful that request a "clinical" letter and you didn't have one at the time of the interview, go ahead.
Thank you for your response. I submitted an MD letter from a physician I worked as a medical assistant for a few years with my primary application, so I think I'm good on the clinical letter. Thank you again!

Reactions: 1 user