"Interviewed all Day" and Match Rules at Psych Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of my problems with asking questions freely is that I'm aware of the Splick-like thought patterns of my interviewers--what sort of goals and ambitions and motivations do I have in psychiatry. And mine are not the sort that tickles the fancy of PD's and faculty looking for who's gonna publish and enter the resume pissing contest with gusto.
Just be honest. Where applicants get in trouble and do not make favorable impressions is when they start playing games. Assuming that interviewers are looking for junior researchers (or anything in particular) is a bad idea. Applicants will then try to position themselves and give a particular impression. This almost always comes across as the applicant looking not genuine and inauthentic and their story doesn't match their application. Minus points.

Be yourself. Programs are looking for great people with the potential to be great psychiatrists. Now is not the time for play acting. You want to show who you are and why you're excited about the path you're about to take. Don't game it. Even the most research focused programs will end up taking a majority of applicants who will not be researchers and have no interest in becoming researchers.

Members don't see this ad.

Just be honest. Where applicants get in trouble and do not make favorable impressions is when they start playing games. Assuming that interviewers are looking for junior researchers (or anything in particular) is a bad idea. Applicants will then try to position themselves and give a particular impression. This almost always comes across as the applicant looking not genuine and inauthentic and their story doesn't match their application. Minus points.

Be yourself. Programs are looking for great people with the potential to be great psychiatrists. Now is not the time for play acting. You want to show who you are and why you're excited about the path you're about to take. Don't game it. Even the most research focused programs will end up taking a majority of applicants who will not be researchers and have no interest in becoming researchers.

How do you think I know what my affect is? I am myself. And I notice when it tastes bitter or sweet to my interviewer. And also I disagree with your notion of authenticity being switch like. I would think there is generally some music of the self that is different things with different people. I jam when I find a kindred spirit. And that has happened. And of course I can sense when nothing in my application is up the interviewers alley. With these types I play muted tones of myself and stick to a simple melody. Everyone does this. I am not in any way unique.