Interviewed at UCon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wisdom2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:clap: Got my first interview today! :clap:
I was wondering what UCon's interviews are like. If anyone interviewed there recently, please let me know how it went, how you prepared for it, where you stayed, or anything you think I should know. What are the odds of getting in once you've interviewed there? I really appreciate your help.
I am quite nervous, since this is going to be my first. Please calm me down :confused:
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

:clap: :clap:

Awesome!!! Congratulations....

I'm waiting for UConn.....you'll have to tell me how it went!

UConn is super-friendly and very low stress. You'll have a one-on-one interview with a faculty member and one very unstressful interview with a med student (probably a first year). There's also a tour and a lunch, and they'll take your picture. But the thing that I liked best about the day was the problem-based learning session they had us demo. They take all the prospectives and lock them away in a room with a fourth year for an hour and have them work on a case. It was a lot of fun and very informative, because I really had no idea how much I would like PBL until I was exposed to it. Overall, I was struck by how friendly and happy everyone on the campus was. It's also a very beautiful area. DO NOT WORRY about the interviews. They're actually a lot of fun. Congratulations and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a buch Curci for your input. That was very helpful. I have another question though if you don't mind. Is the PBL session just a demo or some form of evaluation?
I wish you luck if you haven't received your acceptance letter yet.

hey wisdom,
i just had an interview at uconn too.
like curci said, it was extremely low-stress and laid-back. i felt that they were selling themselves as much as i was selling myself, if not more. The two main deans give you a talk about uconn in general, and do a really good job in presenting the school. the student interview was great..really relaxed..almost like talking to your best friend (at least my interviewer was really cool). and the faculty interview was laid back as well. i would say know yourself really well, and think of answers to common questions like "why medicine?" and other general personal questions like that. my faculty interviewer (who happened to be dean sanford) did ask me what i thought the biggest problem in healthcare was..and i pretty much talked about what i wrote in that essay that adressed that.
the PBL session was pretty interesting. We had this faculty guy who adminstered it...and when we got our case, we were pretty quiet at first. but after a little while, we had a pretty good discussion, and it was fun. they say that you aren't evaluated during that time, but i would probably try to contribute just in case.
anyways, thats my 2 cents.
don't worry about the interview..as curci says, it is a pretty enjoyable day and very low stress
good luck! you'll do great!
hobbes