interviewed twice by the same school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChiaPet312

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys....

i was wondering if any1 has every been interviewed by a school..and then a few weeks later...the school requests another interview? it just happened to me. i was wondering..what does this mean? do they interview waitlist ppl twice?

Members don't see this ad.

that is really interesting... i think that it sounds like a possitive thing. did you have 2 interviewers? if you did, may be they had an extremely different opinion and they would like to have you interview with a 3rd person. but if they were just looking to wait list you, they probably would not have gotten through the trouble. in my opinion, it is a question of being IN or OUT.

good luck with your upcoming interview.

thnx so much :)

i actually only had 1 interviewer. i emailed the dean of admissions this morning to ask if i should send in a letter of interest to show that i want to attend the school. the dean emailed me back and told me that they want a second interview instead. maybe they were leaning towards a rejection and the email helped??

ah..... i hope i get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you don't have to travel too far for the second one!

Would you mind posting what school this was?

Good Luck!

This hasn't happened to me, but I met a girl at UMDNJ-Newark who was there for a second interview.

i remember MSU does 2nd interviews and the only do 2nd interviews when the committee is split on your...like half really want you and the othe half doesnt...so in order to make a decision fairly they will ask you for another interview to see if you can win the rest of the people over.

thats just what im thinking it might be.