Interviewed (w/o acceptance) vs. Zero interviews so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistwannab09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So with a few days past December 1st with lots of people with acceptance, I can't help but wonder what about the others?

So I wanna ask the fellow predents, with the current application process, is it better to have had interviews already with zero acceptance? or is it better to have zero interviews but hopefully get interviews in the near future? Because I can see the arguments being made for both sides.

Members don't see this ad.

So with a few days past December 1st with lots of people with acceptance, I can't help but wonder what about the others?

So I wanna ask the fellow predents, with the current application process, is it better to have had interviews already with zero acceptance? or is it better to have zero interviews but hopefully get interviews in the near future? Because I can see the arguments being made for both sides.

I would think that pre-dec interviews that did not get rejected and made it on the alternate/wailist would have a good chance of being the first ones called to fill open spots at the end of the cycle. Just my opinion.

well chances are if you were pre dec then you have better stats, but there obviously was something that wasnt good enough about you.. so if ur post dec 1 not only do you have to prove that you have what the others didnt but you also have to compensate for your lower stats...

..i have both scenarios for myself, but im feeling more confident about my pre-dec 1 possibilities

Members don't see this ad :)
well chances are if you were pre dec then you have better stats, but there obviously was something that wasnt good enough about you.. so if ur post dec 1 not only do you have to prove that you have what the others didnt but you also have to compensate for your lower stats...

..i have both scenarios for myself, but im feeling more confident about my pre-dec 1 possibilities

Good luck Flossy and I second your take on the situation except for the "good enough about you" remark.

It may be that you were good enough but someone else was just a little better.:(

haha i like and agree with the optimistic modification

If you were not accepted and placed on the wait list, that'd be better?

I'm feeling pretty good about myself, now, although I don't have any acceptance yet. :thumbup:

pre dec interviews doesnt always mean you have better stats. Just means you applied early enough with good enough qualifications to merit you an interview.

pre dec interviews doesnt always mean you have better stats. Just means you applied early enough with good enough qualifications to merit you an interview.

I don't believe that is necessarily the case. I have known people to apply early with higher than average stats and not get interviews at some of the schools that they applied to.

If you had pre-dec 1st interviews and zero acceptances (perhaps waitlisted), then you'll be reevaluated at the end of the interview season (after Feb, March) but if you have zero interviews and eventually get one after dec 1, then you can be accepted into the second, 3rd round (how many ever rounds schools have before they begin to sift through their waitlist candidates). So second situation is better IMO.

i think this is a pointless debate, it depends on the school. Each school has a different protocal.

i think this is a pointless debate, it depends on the school. Each school has a different protocal.

in general, nice summary of dental admissions :laugh::laugh::laugh: