Interviewer said he could see me as a wonderful physician in the future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bennettca4

Reaction score
good luck on my journey. Does that mean if it was up to his input I will be accepted into the school most likely?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
good luck on my journey. Does that mean if it was up to his input I will be accepted into the school most likely?

Who knows, probably? But it sure does sound nice and probably made your day, hell your week. Best of luck :)

I know that it's much easier said than done, but don't analyze every little thing interviewers say to you. You'll drive yourself insane.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
These people will tell you whatever you want to hear. They just see dollar signs. They’re basically strippers.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

I think goro said at some point even if your interviewer starts jumping up and down and shouting that you're the best medical school candidate ever it doesn't guarantee admission, as there's a whole admission committee that makes the decision, and the interviewer's feedback is just a part of that. It does sound like this guy will be giving you the thumbs up though.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed last year at Einstein and my interviewer said I did "exceptionally well" and that he can see me attending this school. LOL. 3 months latter I got the R. I was expecting an A and would have been disapointed with a WL, but an R? It was a reality check for sure.

well this kind of stuff happened at the residency level as well.

just don’t take too much out of it. It’s whatever girl/dude...

Reactions: 2 users
We're trained to be polite.

Do not read too much into this, or pin your hopes on his comment because he may have loved you as an interviewee, but make it overruled in the admissions committee meeting.

We're trained to be polite.

Do not read too much into this, or pin your hopes on his comment because he may have loved you as an interviewee, but make it overruled in the admissions committee meeting.
This.
Unlike most of SDN, I’ll give your interviewer the benefit of the doubt, and choose to believe this is a genuine compliment.
You should be pleased with that. But you shouldn’t take it as any sort of guarantee since the interview is just one aspect of a multifactorial process.

(Additionally, some schools do blind interviews, meaning the interview is the first thing they know about you, and they see your letters/stats/statement later, and there is always the unfortunate chance something in there is going to make them vote the other way, even if they did sincerely like you when they said so.)

Last edited: