Interviews/acceptance ratio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doctoresse

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I just wanted to have an idea of the number of acceptances compared to the number of interviews people have been getting. I started interviewing end of November and got 5 interviews in the last month but haven't heard back yet. I have 4 more interviews coming next month.I'm starting to be so anxious, please reassure me that this is a number good enough to get one acceptance out of this grueling process. Nobody should ever have to do this twice:scared:

Thanks!! :laugh:
 
9 interviews, 3 acceptances, 2 waitlists, waiting to hear from 4
 
9 Interviews, 2 acceptances, waiting to hear back from 5....I think with that many interviews, you have a pretty good shot of at least one acceptance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4 interviews, 2 acceptances, 1 waitlist, waiting on 1. 12 schools applied to, turned down 1 interview.
 
I agree, with that many interviews I'm sure you'll get in. Some schools just take longer to get back to you.
 
18 applications, 8 interviews, 4 acceptances, 1 waitlist, 3 interviews haven't heard back from, 3 rejections, and 7 that haven't said anything
 
9 applications total. Attended 4 interviews, which resulted in 3 acceptances and 1 waitlist. Turned down 3 interviews. Haven't heard from 2 other schools.
 
15 applications, 9 interviews, turned down 2, been on 5, 1 acceptance, waiting on the other 4, and 2 more to go. Schools that have lost my application - 6.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i want to kill myself after reading this thread. 3 interviews and 0 acceptances
 
18 apps, 4 interviews, 1 acceptance, 1 waitlist, waiting on 2 others and hoping for more interviews.
 
Punisher said:
i want to kill myself after reading this thread. 3 interviews and 0 acceptances

Haha no kidding. After 23 applications: Have had 1 interview, and got one acceptance. 1 interview to go 🙂
 
12 applications, 12 interviews granted, 1 interview declined, 4 acceptances, 1 waitlist, waiting on 6.
 
15 MD/PhD apps, 9 interviews (6 down, 3 to go), turned down 1 MD-only interview, 1 post-interview rejection 🙁 , 1 MD-only acceptance, 6 schools that haven't said a word. Dear God I hope that's enough interviews for an MD/PhD acceptance.

I don't know how much longer I can take the anxiety of waiting to hear back post-interview. Anyone else feel that way?
 
I applied to 9 schools, had 5 interviews, 3 acceptances, 1 waitlist, and I will hear from the other school in January. But I picked mostly schools I had a chance at. The 3 I didn't have as much of a chance at didn't interview me, of course 😛

OP, I think with 9 interviews you have an awesome chance of getting in somewhere. Good luck. I hope you get some good news soon :luck:
 
One pre-secondary rejection (from Vandy), returned 6 secondaries, will have had 4 invites to interview, have gone to two so far, cancelled one, one acceptance, and one "we won't make a decision about until spring"
 
13 apps. 8 interviews granted. Gone to 4, accepted by 3, on hold/deferred at 1. 4 more to go in Jan. 🙂
 
29 secondaries submitted (4 post-secondary withdrawals)

11 interview invites--attended 9, cancelled 1, and 1 more scheduled

post-interview results: 3 acceptances, 1 rejection, 2 waitlists, waiting to hear from 3 schools
 
Thundrstorm said:
15 MD/PhD apps, 9 interviews (6 down, 3 to go), turned down 1 MD-only interview, 1 post-interview rejection 🙁 , 1 MD-only acceptance, 6 schools that haven't said a word. Dear God I hope that's enough interviews for an MD/PhD acceptance.

I don't know how much longer I can take the anxiety of waiting to hear back post-interview. Anyone else feel that way?
Update:

15 MD/PhD apps, 9 interviews (6 down, 3 to go), turned down 1 MD-only interview, 1 post-interview rejection, 1 MD-only acceptance, 1 MSTP acceptance!, 6 schools that haven't said a word.


😀
 
Four MD interviews, 1 rejection, Two waitlist, One too early, 1 interview MD left, 1 MD/PhD just complete (awaiting interview). In conclusion, 4 interviews and 0 acceptance yet!
 
17 completed applications
12 interview offers
9 interviews attended
4 acceptances
2 waitlists (withdrew)
3 post-interview decisions to hear of
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WhatUpDoc! said:
1 interview/1 acceptance = 100% 👍 That's what I call a one shot one kill baby 😎


add me to this club! only 1 interview, but hey, that's all it takes, right? i now have 1 acceptance!!!!!
congrats WhatUpDoc! 😀
 
9 apps:
2 post sec. rejections
2 pre-interview holds
2 interviews/2 acceptances = 100%
Waiting to hear from the other 3.

I had a gut feeling going into this that if I got an interview I would be fine.
 
10 interviews, 4 acceptances, 1 rejection, 5 waiting-to-hear.
 
I think this thread is really interesting, so here I am

5 interviews invites
did 4 interviews: 2 "on hold" post interviews, 2 waiting to hear, 0 acceptance so far
 
I went to three interviews. I was accepted to 2 of the schools and I'm waiting to hear from the third. I declined a number of interviews, if those are significant to you in some way, you could read my MDApp page.
 
As the person who started this thread, I am happy to say that I finally got my first acceptance yesterday! I was started to be so anxious but now I can relax and cancel some interviews. "I'm gonna be a doctor!!"
So my new stats are: 6 interviews attended, 3 interviews cancelled, 1 more interview to go to and 1 acceptance! 😀
 
Congrats Doctoresse!

Me:
24 applications
24 secondaries
8 interview invites
7 attended (1 declined)
5 deferred decisions (technically not "waitlist" yet)
2 accepted
 
30 something secondaries (I'm a CA resident)
9 interview invites
9 interviews attended
5 acceptances
4 waitlisted
 
19 Apps, 18 MD and 1 DO
17 Secondaries
9 Interview Invites, declined 4 after getting into one my top choices
5 Interviews attended
2 acceptances
2 waitlists
1 decision left
 
26 primaries
19 completed secondaries
16 interview invites
10 interviews attended
2 waitlists
2 acceptances
6 no decision post interview
 
27 Primaries
27 Secondaries
4 Post-Secondary Rejections
11 Interview invites
8 Actual interviews
4 Acceptances

1 Waitlist
3 Post-Interview No-Decision-Yet Schools
12 WTFs?
 
MD profile

25 primary
12 secondaries filled
4 interview invites
3 post secondary rejections. 5 waiting (where are you schools?)
waiting decisions on 3, 1 interview left to go

DO profile

4 primary
3 secondaries filled
3 interview invites
1 acceptance
canceling 1 interview, 1 interview February
 
12 primary
11 secondary (decided not to submit one)
9 interviews (no rejections, still waiting on the other 2)
1 acceptance
1 waitlist
7 still waiting post-interview (1 rolling, 6 non-rolling)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Update:
14 Completed Secondary Apps
9 Interview offers
7 Interviews attended (2 coming up)
4 acceptances
1 waitlist
 
3 interviews, 2 acceptances, waiting on 1. Pretty average.
 
18 applications, 3 interviews, 2 waitlists, 1 awaiting decision....ohh Santa where WERE you this Christmas???!!!
 
10 applications, 4 interviews offered (2 down, 1 to go), one declined interview, one acceptance, 1 no word yet