interviews/acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popbirch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many of the interviewees stick around to be considered for acceptances. Like, how many withdraw because they got into their first choice? I'm waiting on BU's answer and they accept 450 out of 900 interviews to fill 150 spots. Do you think that it is 900 total or just the ones that stuck around to be considered? I guess I'm just trying to make myself feel a little more confident that I have a good shot at getting in there. But the MSAR numbers always make me wonder a little.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say 900 total. But also, I doubt that, I don't know, more than 100 would drop before a decision. Still, if it were completely random, >50% for you getting in isn't too bad at all. Good luck!

Well I dropped out of the running so 899 then. I bet atleast 100 have witdrawn from consideration.

A lot of people stick around in the pool just to see what the decision is, even if they don't want to go there (eg gunners who want to be able to say they got into every school they interviewed at).

I think the majority of the pool shrinkage due to withdrawal likely occurs post-acceptance, not post-interview