interviews at stony brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlasticSurgeon3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just find it weird that Stony brook is handing out post december interviews when they only have 42 spots to fill. Do you guys think that those who get a post december interview are only fighting for like 2-3 spots?

and to anyone who has had the interview, do you remember any specific questions they had? The interview feedback on SDN was last completed by students in the 2009 cycle. Any questions one remembers from this cycle would be great. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I just find it weird that Stony brook is handing out post december interviews when they only have 42 spots to fill. Do you guys think that those who get a post december interview are only fighting for like 2-3 spots?

and to anyone who has had the interview, do you remember any specific questions they had? The interview feedback on SDN was last completed by students in the 2009 cycle. Any questions one remembers from this cycle would be great. Thanks a lot.

I hope you get in! I turned down my Stonybrook offer :( Crazy, huh?

Anyway... the questions you are asked are dependent on your interviewer. My interviewers were amazing and we simply clicked. Just make sure you know your extracurriculars and your experiences inside and out. I think the interview is pretty standard and generic. Mine was interesting, I talked about my experience at a third-world country and what not.

I'm not sure if you'll be fighting for 2-3 spots but... very little spots. Stonybrook is a great school. I enjoyed it a lot and I hope you do, too. :thumbup:

Considering I can see across the hall into the conference room from my FACS machine, SBU has interviewed a bunch of people so far(seemed like 3 days a week in groups of 6-10). However, it's been pretty quiet since the week of Christmas. It's a complete crap shoot on your interview. The personalities of the interviewers runs the complete spectrum. There's a few hardasses, but the majority of the faculty are pretty chill; it's a very "free-form" conversation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you get in! I turned down my Stonybrook offer :( Crazy, huh?

Anyway... the questions you are asked are dependent on your interviewer. My interviewers were amazing and we simply clicked. Just make sure you know your extracurriculars and your experiences inside and out. I think the interview is pretty standard and generic. Mine was interesting, I talked about my experience at a third-world country and what not.

I'm not sure if you'll be fighting for 2-3 spots but... very little spots. Stonybrook is a great school. I enjoyed it a lot and I hope you do, too. :thumbup:

haha thanks a lot, yea I looked over SDN and I saw that a total of 3 people admitted to dropping their seats at stonybrook including you lol. I have a lot of experience but no real extra curriculars... from what i remember reading I think you decided on NYU? well if I dont get into Stony ill be seeing you at NYU in the fall... thanks alot

Considering I can see across the hall into the conference room from my FACS machine, SBU has interviewed a bunch of people so far(seemed like 3 days a week in groups of 6-10). However, it's been pretty quiet since the week of Christmas. It's a complete crap shoot on your interview. The personalities of the interviewers runs the complete spectrum. There's a few hardasses, but the majority of the faculty are pretty chill; it's a very "free-form" conversation.

wow cant believe they interviewed that many people post december.. but I was only given 2 days to choose from.. both in the end of jan. and the woman said that they will most likely not be giving out any other dates. :eek: I also feel like I am interviewing for the waitlist, in case someone drops their spot before the fall... but whatever... there's still hope lol thanks a lot :xf::luck: