Interviews for Midwestern Downers Grove

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AP191

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get invited for an interview at Midwestern Downers Grove yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes AP191, got invited this Monday and going on November 6th!

I actually talked to one of the admissions directors today at a grad school fair at my university and he gave me specifics about the interview because I didn't really know what to expect.

I guess the interview part isn't group-style but one-on-one or one-on-two: just one applicant talking to one or two faculty members for about half an hour or so. They ask typical interview questions and throw some typical critical thinking scenarios at you. Then you get a tour, meet with some other people, have lunch with students at their cafeteria, etc.

Did you get the invite through the mail or through email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-submitted on 9/13, it got mailed on 9/24, and I got the invite through email on 10/14

Last edited:
Yes AP191, got invited this Monday and going on November 6th!

I actually talked to one of the admissions directors today at a grad school fair at my university and he gave me specifics about the interview because I didn't really know what to expect.

I guess the interview part isn't group-style but one-on-one or one-on-two: just one applicant talking to one or two faculty members for about half an hour or so. They ask typical interview questions and throw some typical critical thinking scenarios at you. Then you get a tour, meet with some other people, have lunch with students at their cafeteria, etc.

I have a quick question for you. I have an interview coming up for MSU- downers grove and I was wondering if writing an essay is part of the interview process?

I have a quick question for you. I have an interview coming up for MSU- downers grove and I was wondering if writing an essay is part of the interview process?

Writing an essay is part of the interview, they give you two questions I think and you pick one. You get 20 minutes to write the essay and then I think they talk about what you wrote during the interview. I have an interview in two weeks but a two of my friends interviewed there this past month. Good luck to you! =)