lowbudget

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
How are people's interviews going? Anything interesting or innovative that you've seen in some of these programs?

OP
lowbudget

lowbudget

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
Good to see the Stethoscope thread got more response than this one. I love SDN.

smq123

John William Waterhouse
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I'd also be very interested to see what programs are telling applicants, in regards to how they're restructuring to accomodate the new work hour rules. Too bad there were just *crickets*.

I could fill this thread with stories about the fun/interesting/"interesting" things that applicants have done while I'm on the other side of the table (i.e. interviewing them) but that hardly seems sporting. :p

VA Hopeful Dr

15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I'd also be very interested to see what programs are telling applicants, in regards to how they're restructuring to accomodate the new work hour rules. Too bad there were just *crickets*.

I could fill this thread with stories about the fun/interesting/"interesting" things that applicants have done while I'm on the other side of the table (i.e. interviewing them) but that hardly seems sporting. :p
Agreed on both counts. I've heard from numerous applicants that other programs haven't yet decided on what they're going to do for next year, I think its a benefit to already have a plan in place with time during this year to field test it.

rachmoninov3

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
only innovative thing I've seen thus far is one program that starts out with two months of clinic before inpatient duties begin. It is designed to take some of the pressure off the new intern and give them a sense that the clinic is "home".

Then there was the PD who said he was negotiating with a local bank to give all new interns zero-down low interest mortgages:thumbup:

VA Hopeful Dr

15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
only innovative thing I've seen thus far is one program that starts out with two months of clinic before inpatient duties begin. It is designed to take some of the pressure off the new intern and give them a sense that the clinic is "home".

Then there was the PD who said he was negotiating with a local bank to give all new interns zero-down low interest mortgages:thumbup:
We're doing one month of no inpatient (July) next year, I'll be curious to see how that works.

When I was a 4th year, we had 2 banks come in and talk about their no money down loans, though I can't say I remember the interest rate.