Interviews, interviews, interviews! Oh my!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poojerrr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just got three interview invites from Midwestern, SCO, and St. Louis. Can anyone give me advice for these?

Also typically how long until you hear back?

Any questions you remember them asking?

Are sweaty hands a bad thing? (Lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the interviews! Are you interviewing at Midwestern AZ or IL?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I interviewed at Midwestern AZ and Nova. I would suggest answering the question Why Optometry because all schools will ask it either directly or indirectly. They are looking to see if you have the passion for optometry, if you are Doctor material and if you have the perseverance to make it.

I heard back from AZCOPT in 4 days and Nova it took 2 weeks because of the hurricane, usually they respond in 1 week. Most schools will give you good idea when you will hear something.

Everyone is nervous no matter how they act or look and the interviewers know that. They are not there to grill you or interrogate you, they want to know who you are outside of the paper application.

Good luck!

Awesome! I interviewed at Midwestern AZ and Nova. I would suggest answering the question Why Optometry because all schools will ask it either directly or indirectly. They are looking to see if you have the passion for optometry, if you are Doctor material and if you have the perseverance to make it.

I heard back from AZCOPT in 4 days and Nova it took 2 weeks because of the hurricane, usually they respond in 1 week. Most schools will give you good idea when you will hear something.

Everyone is nervous no matter how they act or look and the interviewers know that. They are not there to grill you or interrogate you, they want to know who you are outside of the paper application.

Good luck!
Thanks so much!!!! You've been so helpful in answering a lot of my posts on here!

The interview at Midwestern IL is MMI style so it's a little harder to prepare for but I think it'll help if you go over some behavioral questions and try to think about your experiences from work/school/etc. that you can use as examples. :)

The Salus Interview is very chill. Most people say it's just a conversation. Most schools will ask. Why Optometry? Why our school? What makes you stand out?
After the interview, you should hear back in about 2 weeks. If you need any more advice, let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I just got three interview invites from Midwestern, SCO, and St. Louis. Can anyone give me advice for these?

Also typically how long until you hear back?

Any questions you remember them asking?

Are sweaty hands a bad thing? (Lol)

Do you mind sharing what your GPA and OAT scores are? I have an interview with Salus as well but I'm waiting to hear back from Midwestern

Do you mind sharing what your GPA and OAT scores are? I have an interview with Salus as well but I'm waiting to hear back from Midwestern
GPA: ~2.9 (underwent medical treatment for a liver disease during undergrad)
OAT: 340TS/360AA

The Salus Interview is very chill. Most people say it's just a conversation. Most schools will ask. Why Optometry? Why our school? What makes you stand out?
After the interview, you should hear back in about 2 weeks. If you need any more advice, let me know.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely reach out if I head that way for an interview!