Interviews part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coveted UCSD invite today! Also went to Iowa last week, great program.

Members don't see this ad.

Beck928 said:

Do you mind writing a review?

Members don't see this ad :)
that completes the list:
UW
OHSU
UCSF
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
Northwestern
Columbia
Cornell
Emory
Vanderbilt
UVA

UW yesterday

List thus far:
UW
Vandy
Wake
MU
KU
Arizona
Mayo
Tenn
WashU

Crickets:
UNC
Utah

Rejections:
Colorado
Duke

The floodgates have been open in regards to rejections for me:

UCSF, Northwestern, UVA, Duke, Wake...I'm sure more are on the way!

Still nothing from: UAB, UNC, UT-SA, Mayo-Jax, MGH, BW, JHU, Emory (maybe a good thing since I probably can't afford to go anywhere else anyway)

Interviews:
Penn State (my home and number 1 thus far)
GW (review pending; wasn't that impressed)
Columbia
UPenn
Georgetown
Case Western
CCF
Cornell
Vandy
Baylor
LSU-Shreveport (my hometown but on probation)
UT-SW

Beck928 said:
That is AWESOME.

Azcom Sucks!!! :)

Tan Son Nhat said:
Wow.. Congrats chica! Hafta tell us how it went. That's my "numero uno" next year. :)

Thanks, I actually just got the invite today. Not too many dates available to schedule for. May have to decline. :(

DrDre' said:
Yes, UW today. No comment to my original no comment- no comment.

I got UW yesterday too. Wow. Now I don't know what to do. Will check plane ticket prices and decide soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cornell rejection today.

I sense a pattern

Rejected by: Cornell, Columbia, BID, MGH, B&W (likely), Stanford, UCSF

No Boston, Cali, NYC for me.

Other than that, my season has been great.

Hope all are well.

i've heard nothing from Brigham and Womens, Northwestern, or Rush...anyone else with this problem?

EW1779 said:
Azcom Sucks!!! :)
;) 115 degrees and don't forget our beloved Coccidiodomycosis too.

Finally got the nod from UCSD today.

Still waiting to hear from several programs: MUSC, UKent, WVA, and UNC

I really want to stay at my home institution, but as competitive as it is this year, there is a good chance I won't be able to! Good luck to everyone as we finish up this daunting process. It will all be over soon! (But not soon enough!)

SleepyTime said:
;) 115 degrees and don't forget our beloved Coccidiodomycosis too.
i was totally going to say that but it was too much work for me to remember how to spell it - oh yes I have become very lazy. Just returned to to az today for a month - it is way too dry.

SleepyTime said:
Finally got the nod from UCSD today.

Rock on! Maybe I'll see you there (12/7 is my date)!

blaze said:
Do you mind writing a review?

Yeah, I'll put up a review for Iowa, be on the the lookout. ;)

U of Hawaii prelim today (12/1) LOL wouldn't that be funny.

Sugar72 said:
i was totally going to say that but it was too much work for me to remember how to spell it - oh yes I have become very lazy. Just returned to to az today for a month - it is way too dry.

True dat.
That's funny b/c, now that you mention it, looks like I fergt how to spel it too ! :laugh:

Soon2BENT said:
i've heard nothing from Brigham and Womens, Northwestern, or Rush...anyone else with this problem?

as of 12/1 still waiting on B&W. didn't apply to the other two.

good luck. only a few more weeks now. :)

Anyone heard from South Carolina yet?

Heard from them positively on 11/30 and 12/01 respectively.

Beck928 said:
Rock on! Maybe I'll see you there (12/7 is my date)!

You'll see me for sure. That's my day too. Although I'm probably going to be late to dinner. Good luck to ya!

KetamineDrip said:
Anyone heard from South Carolina yet?

I've seen a few people with invites to MUSC...I didn't get one myself but no frank rejection. Guess I'm on some waitlist. Oh well, I can't complain.

JHU rejection a few days ago - although I may receive an invite if a cancellation occurs...

UTSW- rejection.

interesting...very interesting.

Maimonides 12/8/05 via email

E'01 said:
Maimonides 12/8/05 via email

got that too. real useful that i received the email, responded and immediately got a "will be out of the office 12/9" auto-reply. that helpful email listed 2 phone #'s i could call if i needed an immediate response... which both route directly to voicemail.

sucks, cause they only have one date with one spot open that i can make, and if that fills, well... seeyalater

Kid,
Loved your home program. To everyone else: it really, really sucks! :)

kid korea said:
got that too. real useful that i received the email, responded and immediately got a "will be out of the office 12/9" auto-reply. that helpful email listed 2 phone #'s i could call if i needed an immediate response... which both route directly to voicemail.

sucks, cause they only have one date with one spot open that i can make, and if that fills, well... seeyalater

sheesh had to go to the second page of threads to find this, but..

UTSW via email today (12/19)

i guess that means someone canceled, or they agonized over the details of my CV for 3 months. "yes he has research, but, but... that photo... he's HIDEOUS!"

Got rejected from Rush... What's up with that? Have national average on step 1, better on step 2, good recs, etc... I didn't expect MGH and JHU to give me the nod, but Rush hasn't filled in the past few years. Thought I'd at least get an interview...

gasguy06 said:
Got rejected from Rush... What's up with that? Have national average on step 1, better on step 2, good recs, etc... I didn't expect MGH and JHU to give me the nod, but Rush hasn't filled in the past few years. Thought I'd at least get an interview...

at least you heard from Rush...all the Chicago programs forgot about me (Northwestern, Rush, UIC)

Northwestern told me nicely they wouldn't interview me..."At the current moment we do not have any more interview slots, etc..." Just give it to me strait. I am interviewing at UIC and Loyola. Have heard good things about both. Still confused over Rush. I sent them an email asking them to reconsider and they never responded. Probably just as well because I wouldn't want to interview at a place where I had no chance from the start...

gasguy06 said:
Northwestern told me nicely they wouldn't interview me..."At the current moment we do not have any more interview slots, etc..." Just give it to me strait. I am interviewing at UIC and Loyola. Have heard good things about both. Still confused over Rush. I sent them an email asking them to reconsider and they never responded. Probably just as well because I wouldn't want to interview at a place where I had no chance from the start...

Considering were all on the trail now and every one is suspicious of eachother psyching one another out - I'll refrain from saying anything negative - BUT, I will say that the two programs youre interviewing at, while not big names like NWU & UofC, both are solid programs and the residents (esp. UIC) are very happy.

My final census! I'm going to have a miserable January. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Going to:
BID
MGH
Boston University (completed)
University of Massachusetts (completed)
University of Connecticut
Yale
Penn (University of Pennsylvania)
Duke
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
St Luke's Roosevelt
Albert Einstein

Very happy. If I match any of my top eight, I should be thrilled. :D

Decided not to go to:
UC Irvine
UCSD
Baystate Medical Center
St Elizabeth's Medical Center (Boston)
Dartmouth
Thomas Jefferson
Penn State
University of Pittsburgh
NYMC/St. Vincent's

Rejected or waitlisted
Tufts-NEMC
Stanford
JHU

Never heard from
Drexel
B&W
UNC

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hire me hire me hire me *subliminal advertising*

jennyboo said:
My final census! I'm going to have a miserable January. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Going to:
BID
MGH
Boston University (completed)
University of Massachusetts (completed)
University of Connecticut
Yale
Penn (University of Pennsylvania)
Duke
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
St Luke's Roosevelt
Albert Einstein

If you are going to all of those in january - good luck. Might I also suggest this great anti-cold stuff I found this month called airborne. You dissolve it in a cup of water when you are on the airplane and it is supposed to help you not get the cold the 3 yo sitting next to you has. You are brave!

Sugar72 said:
If you are going to all of those in january - good luck. Might I also suggest this great anti-cold stuff I found this month called airborne. You dissolve it in a cup of water when you are on the airplane and it is supposed to help you not get the cold the 3 yo sitting next to you has. You are brave!

Yeah, the bad part is not doing any but two of my interviews prior to January which I'm taking completely off to interview and take Step 2.

The good part is that I only plan to fly to Penn and Duke. The rest are driving or ground transportation distances between 1 and 3 hours. :)

Trisomy13 said:
sheesh had to go to the second page of threads to find this, but..

UTSW via email today (12/19)

i guess that means someone canceled, or they agonized over the details of my CV for 3 months. "yes he has research, but, but... that photo... he's HIDEOUS!"

"yes he has research, but, but... that photo... he's HIDEOUS!"

You are correct. That was the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.