Program-Specific Info / Q's Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

90sOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some common interview questions you've come across in applying to OT programs? It would be helpful to brainstorm sample questions together :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I've been on two interviews. Here's what I remember being asked at the first:

-how would you describe OT to someone
-in what ways do you expect grad school to differ from undergrad
-why this school/program
-tell us about a memorable/notable observation experience
-tell us a strength and weakness

And at the second:
-give us an adjective to describe yourself
-why do you want to be an OT
-what role do you normally play in a group

I feel like I'm forgetting a couple Q's but hopefully this helps some! Good luck and be yourself. I left both interviews wishing I had answered things differently, but got into both programs - so I guess I did okay! I really think it's a chance to show your personality more than answering something "correctly", so just speak from your heart and if you're truly passionate about getting into the field it will undoubtedly shine through. Plus, if you've got the stats to get called in for an interview they probably just want to see that you possess social skills since that's equally as important! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I've been on two interviews. Here's what I remember being asked at the first:

-how would you describe OT to someone
-in what ways do you expect grad school to differ from undergrad
-why this school/program
-tell us about a memorable/notable observation experience

And at the second:
-give us an adjective to describe yourself
-why do you want to be an OT
-what role do you normally play in a group

I feel like I'm forgetting a couple Q's but hopefully this helps some! Good luck and be yourself. I left both interviews wishing I had answered things differently but got into both programs, so I guess I did okay! I really think it's a chance to show your personality more than answering something "correctly" - so just speak from your heart and if you're truly passionate about getting into the field it will undoubtedly shine through. Plus, if you've got the stats to get called in for an interview they probably just want to see that you possess social skills as well since that's equally as important! :)

If you don't mind me asking, which schools did you hear from??