Other OT-Related Information Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT117

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone's interviews are going well so far. I've heard from multiple people it's very important and a must to ask questions at the end of interviews. This is the part that tends to trip people up the most.

So far I've seen people ask about post grad employment, amount of/ access to fieldwork sites, NBCOT pass rates etc. Any other ideas that could help people out would be appreciated

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

"How involved are the alumni?"
"what would you say is a weakness of the program and what is being done about it?"
"Where can you currently find graduates from the program?" (as in, where are they working?)

Members don't see this ad :)
If i didn't know the role my interviewer, I asked them. I would also ask their favorite aspect of the program. It was a great way to find out certain aspects of the program and I never had the same answer.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

Any tips for the interview? Midwestern invited me for an on-campus interview and I am nervous! help

Hi guys,

Any tips for the interview? Midwestern invited me for an on-campus interview and I am nervous! help
Research opportunities.. and the programs focus on it.
The availability of the faculty for students
Resources for tutoring
Options for remediation— is it even an option..
How many people are in the cadever lab at one time? Is the lab open after school hours for studying?
(trust me these aren’t just BS questions.. you will genuinely want to know how the programs answer these before selecting a school)

Research opportunities.. and the programs focus on it.
The availability of the faculty for students
Resources for tutoring
Options for remediation— is it even an option..
How many people are in the cadever lab at one time? Is the lab open after school hours for studying?
(trust me these aren’t just BS questions.. you will genuinely want to know how the programs answer these before selecting a school)

Thank you for the respond.
Are you in the program already?

Yes... currently in my first year.

Those are questions that matter a lot. Being supported as a student will be more vital in grad school than undergrad. It’s been very eye opening to my younger cohort friends in the program.

For instance.. we have 11 cadevers in the lab and split the class with DPT students. There are 65 of us combined. Our program got smart and split the class but last year it wasn’t like that.. so it hindered student learning when they couldn’t see what they were being tested on. (Too many people around the bodies make for poor learning. You really need to touch and feel certain things)

Yes... currently in my first year.

Those are questions that matter a lot. Being supported as a student will be more vital in grad school than undergrad. It’s been very eye opening to my younger cohort friends in the program.

Are you in Midwestern?
So do you remember some interview questions that were asked to you?
And any tips to prepare for the interview is very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

Are you in Midwestern?
So do you remember some interview questions that were asked to you?
And any tips to prepare for the interview is very much appreciated. Thank you so much.
No I’m not... sorry. The questions on the AOTA website are pretty standard across the board with a few specific variations to how the school looks at your application.. some focus more on leadership, some on soft skills and some on your educational experience. Usually it’s all.