interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsm2c

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am a dental school applicant for the fall of 2001 and i have interviews right around the corner. i am wondering if anyone has any information concerning the interview format of case western reserve and/or upenn. also, is there a website on which students post feedback after dental school interviews? and how can i prepare for these interviews?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Both CASE and PENN are very straightforward when it comes to their interviewing format. At CASE, you'll be interviewed by a faculty member as well as someone from admissions (hope you get Dalsky). At PENN, you?ll have only one interviewer...I had a faculty member. You?ll meet with students for lunch at both schools to chat and get the real juice on the school. Stay sharp though, the interview may still be in progress. PENN sits you down with Emling and company to tell you how great PENN is. We?ll that?s all I can remember from my interviews, hope it helps.

PS- If you can get my friend Joe to register, he no doubt would remember more details about the interviews?he?s going to PENN (chump)
biggrin.gif

------------------
Your talent is God's gift to you.
What you do with it is your gift back to God.
--Leo Buscaglia

Both Case and UPenn had pretty straight forward interviews. Case will have you interview with two people, usually a faculty member and administrator. Penn only had me interview with one person.The interviews themselves were very laid back. Nothing difficult to answer, or pressing was asked. Don't be surprised if your asked to "tell me a little about yourself." That question came up in both my Case and UPenn interview. Both schools wanted to know why I wanted to go to their school, UPenn especially. My opinion is this, if you show a reasonable amount of interest in their program during the interview, your chances of getting in are great. More so because your interviewing so early with them. Keep in mind that Case likes to emphasize the strength of their clinical program and Penn likes to emphasize their high success rate of getting their students placed into specialty programs. Good luck.

PS. I chose UPenn, maybe I'll see you there.