Interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agutier3

The City By the Bay
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting an interviews thread so that fellow sdn'ers might be able to meet and get to know each other. I'll start.

My interviews to date (9/20/02):

Temple - October 3
Columbia - October 4
Maryland, Baltimore - October 16
Boston (Los Angeles Regional) - October 27

Anybody interviewing at these schools and dates?

Members don't see this ad.

Ali
Temple oct 7

boston ( LA regional) late oct. Agutier3, I emailed them and they did not give me an exact date and location. He said he will get back to me next week. Is that how it went for you/

I also applied to maryland and and columbia, did you receive the invitations recently?

Case Western-October 7th (Done)

Tufts-Setpember 25th (Done)

University of Louisville-Nov.8th

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple - 9/23
Boston - LA regional (don't know exact date yet Oct 25-28)

hey agutier,

did you email the person to get your boston interview date or was an email sent to you?

ALI-

I received my interview invites for Columbia and Maryland two weeks ago.

ALI/JUAN7677-

Regarding Boston, I emailed Kevin with the date I was requesting. He emailed me back the next day to confirm the date. It also said that I will be emailed in the near future with a time and detailed description of the days itinerary.

Hope this helps!

Penn (Oct 4th)
Columbia (Oct 25th)

Hope to see some of you guys!!!

~Qoo

I am updating my interview list.

Interviews as of 9/23/02

Temple - October 3
Columbia - October 4
Michigan - November 1
UOP - October 21

Hope to see fellow SDN'ers there....

UNLV(October 3)
UCSF( October 18)
USC (October 25)
NYU (October 28)
BU(San Francisco Regional Nov. 23) no specs.
Nova(November 19)

U Penn - Sept. 26
Temple - Sept. 27
MUSC - Oct. 11
UK - Nov. 2

Interviews as of 9/24/02 (my birthday)!!

Temple - October 3
Columbia - October 4
UPenn - October 10
UOP - October 21
Michigan - November 1

What a great b-day present.....

Interviews as of 09/24/02

1. Case Western (Sep 13)
2. UPenn (Sep 19)
3. UNC (Sep 21)
4. UConn (Sep 30)
5. Columbia (Oct 4)
6. Nova (Oct 11)

Gavin,

I'll see you next week. Wow how were your other interviews? I was down and out for a while because i got two rejections. I was surprised i got an interview. It's a miracle!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Updated my UPenn interview...

agutier3: Did UOP contact you for the interview via telephone or snail mail?

Oceansize-

UOP contacted me by telephone. When I confirmed my interview date, they said I will be receiving my interview packet shortly.

agutier-
congrats on all ur interview.. looks like you're having a busy october! good luck!

~Qoo
:clap:

i got USC invite today. It is my first california school. Still waiting for UOP and Upenn.

Temple - 9/23
USC - 10/11
Boston - LA regional 10/25
Columbia - 11/22

Interviews as of 9/29/02

Temple - October 3
Columbia - October 4
UPenn - October 10
UOP - October 21
USC - October 25
Michigan - November 1

Thanks Qoo, yes I will be very busy traveling. But I'm glad it's something that I like to do anyway. Congrats juan7677 and ALI on your USC interviews. What dates are you going to attend? Maybe we will be able to meet each other.....who knows.

Arby

Hey Agutier, when did you submit your AADSAS and DAT score?

NSXDent

TEMPLE . october 3
TUFTS . october 17-24
CASE . december 6
MARYLAND . october 29

for those of you that have heard back from MICHIGAN, how long did it take for you to get an interview after sending in the "secondary/have you ever killed anyone" form?

FutureNSXdent-

I sent in my AADSAS application July 3 and my DAT to the ADA at the end of January 2002. Hope this helps!

Arby

jtremend-

I heard from Michigan about two weeks ago. If you are really curious about your status, why not call them and ask?

the tooth fairy-

Congrats on the Case interview......let us know how it went.

Arby

jtremend-

I haven't noticed until now, but we will both be interviewing at Temple on the 3rd (two days from now). I'll be the Filipino guy in a grey suit. Hope to see you!

Arby

Sam1234-

Hope to see you too at Columbia on the 4th! See previous post for my description.....

Arby

Does anyone know where is the BU LA regional interview is taking place and on what date??

BU LA regional interviews: 10/25-10/28
I don't know where exactly its taking place yet. They told me I would receive an e-mail when they find out.

I have interview for
UOP Oct 10
BU Nov 22
USC Nov? (haven't decide yet)
Columbia Dec 13

Temple - 9/23
USC - 10/11
UOP- 10/24
Columbia - 11/22

So far, this is what is solid:

University of Michigan: Nov. 1st
NYU: Nov 4th
Columbia: Nov 15th
Tufts: Nov 18th
UNLV: Nov. 26th
Boston: January -- vancouver regional

I was just wondering why everyone is scheduling regional interviews for Boston University....I think it would be nice to be on the campus to check the actual school out!

Oh by the way....

Temple 10/10
Maryland-Baltimore- 11/5

Good luck to everyone!

I got rejected at Loma Linda University, my first rejection...but I wasn't too interested anyway...oh well!

Funkdocta,
I received an interview invite in DECEMBER. I was really excited to go. Isn't DEcember a little late? Oh well i decided to go for the regional because it was earlier. maybe it would increase my chances of being accepted.

Is there a correlation between interviewing earlier and being accepted? I already purchased my ticket to Boston. Non- refundable, but transferable for a cost. I assummed the earlier the better. So, i went for the earlier regional. Waiting for the email info.?

Anybody else receive any Boston email ?

I was told by the admissions people at IU and BU that I should be receiving interview invites in the mail over the next week. That came as a consolation after the rejection I received earlier.

My question is about BU; I would prefer the regional SF interview, and was thinking of calling admissions tommorrow to ask to be scheduled for an interview in SF or LA. Is it advisable to wait for the letter and then call? I guess I am just worried by the time I receive the letter, all the SF and LA slots will be taken. Does anyone know if the SF and LA slots are already full?

I think the one at LA is all taken.

I requested about a week ago but they didn't give it to me. So I chose SF regional instead. I wrote that from 22-24 all okay with me, and then he go ahead gave the the last day. So I think the spot are filling up at SF too....

You should email or call to check it out. Won't hurt to try

Temple - 9/23
USC - 10/11
UOP- 10/24
Columbia - 11/22
NYU - 11/21
Tufts - 11/25

wow! I haven't realized how many people I've met from SDN at my interviews until recently. I figured I'd put up my schedule as well since I've met some of you already. Maybe I'll be running into you at your next interview :D

UPENN - Sept. 20
U Maryland - Sept. 24
UMDNJ - Sept. 27
Temple - Oct. 3
Boston - Oct. 18
MCV/VCU - Oct. 29
UPitt - Nov 4 (hopefully)
NYU - Nov 7
Columbia - Nov 8

Hope to see you somewhere!

University of Missouri-KC - Done (august)
Iowa-Done (october7)
NYU-(october 25th)
Uconn-(october 28th)
Maryland-(nov12th)

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and this will be my first post. I believe I've already met a few of you at my interviews: RSXer @ Temple and Agutier3 @ Temple and Columbia. Maybe I've met others and didn't even know it!

Temple (Done/Oct. 3)
Columbia (Done/Oct. 4)
UOP (Done/Oct. 10)
BU - LA Regional (Oct. 27)
NYU (unscheduled)
Tufts (unscheduled)

Hey guys, it was nice meeting some of you at the interviews. Here's an update to my interview invites:

Interviews as of 10/15/02:

Temple - 10/3
Columbia - 10/4
UPenn - 10/10
Maryland, Baltimore - 10/16
UOP - 10/21
USC - 10/25
Boston (LA Regional) - 10/27
Michigan - 11/1
Tufts - 11/13
UNLV - 11/14
Nova - 11/22
NYU - 11/25

Good luck to everyone this application cycle!

Originally posted by agutier3

Interviews as of 10/15/02:

Temple - 10/3
Columbia - 10/4
UPenn - 10/10
Maryland, Baltimore - 10/16
UOP - 10/21
USC - 10/25
Boston (Los Angeles Regional) - 10/27
Michigan - 11/1
Tufts - TBA
NYU - TBA
UNLV - TBA
Nova - TBA

Good luck to everyone this application cycle!

Hmmm, one part of me is jealous of so many interviews, but the other part of me thinks you are insane, and wishes you luck on choosing a school come Dec. 1 -- you are going to need it!

You listed 12 interviews there, and odds are that you'll get into 7 of those (perhaps more!). What are your criteria for choosing between schools?

I wish you could go to my interviews...i hate them.... they're soo stressful... anyway good luck to u!

agutier3:

Looks like I will be meeting you at U of M on November 1st! Any advice on the Columbia interview? I've yet to interview anywhere, so I'm reading up on all my schools and random dental knowledge.

Say, did any of you see that article in the Wall Street Journal about that Sudanese tirbe (the Dinka?) that pull the bottom lower six teeth as a ritual? A bunch of Sudanese refugees have settled in Nebraska, and now they want to be like Americans and have their mandibular teeth back. You should check it out...good conversation topic.

Temple- Nov 1
Maryland- Dec 4
Boston U- Feb 3

Hi Portlander-

Congratulations on your Columbia and U. Michigan interviews :clap: . Yes, I will be there on November 1 (which by then, will be my 8th interview) :eek: . I've already interviewed at Columbia and so I can give you some feedback.

We started the day 2 hours late due to a staff meeting of some sort. There were about 15 interviewees that day. I was a little nervous at first because during the 2 hours, a dental student mentioned she was on the verge of crying during her interview. That really didn't instill any confidence whatsoever.

Eventually, the gentleman supposed to present that day (I don't remember his name), quickly came in, said a short speech and apology.

Interviews started right away....I had Dr. Freeman. If you get him, rest assured that he is a nice guy. He is very candid and very well informed. He asks a ton of questions having to do alot with: "why New York," "why Columbia," "academics," "dental experience," "research," etc. Obviously, the interview is open file. If you answer these questions honestly and be yourself, you won't have any problems.

I do remember two questions which really made me think. One was, "if not a dentist, what would you be doing?," and the other was, "when I meet with the committee, what would you want me to say to them?" I eventually answered these questions, but now that I think of it, I wish I could have added more. Oh well....the moment is gone. The rest of the day is spent on a tour of the facilities and lunch. If you would like to know my observations and personal impressions of the school.....I would be more than happy to PM you. Just let me know.

As far as the Michigan interview, I heard that they have a very atypical style. I've heard that during our lunch, faculty and students are each assigned to one interviewee. They will find us and sit and chat with us while we have lunch. That will be the interview.....strange huh? I'm curious to see, if that's the case :confused: .

Best of luck to you, and see you at Michigan......

Arby

hey agutier. When are you planning to go to your NYU and Tufts interview. Mayble I'll see you there.

Hey Juan7677-

Congrats on your many interviews! Well.....my NYU interview is set for Monday November 25. As for Tufts, I would like to interview on Wednesday November 20, but have not called to confirm. I'm trying to find a good airfare deal to Boston. So far, everything I've encountered has been more than $300. If we get to meet, that would be great! If not, best of luck to you!

Arby