Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedapplicant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So are there any more interviews that are going to be given out? I mean there have to be right? I can't believe I have had 5 so far with ZERO acceptances! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just need this so bad - I'm already thinking worst case scenario - enrolling for BioChem, applying for MS next year, and getting some serious community involvement/volunteering because I will get into medical school if its the last thing I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously this process is GRUELING

Members don't see this ad.

So are there any more interviews that are going to be given out? I mean there have to be right? I can't believe I have had 5 so far with ZERO acceptances! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just need this so bad - I'm already thinking worst case scenario - enrolling for BioChem, applying for MS next year, and getting some serious community involvement/volunteering because I will get into medical school if its the last thing I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously this process is GRUELING

Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have not yet gotten any acceptances from your five interviews. I would encourage you to review your application and interview style. Based on the last part of your post, it doesn't sound like you have "community involvement/volunteering"--which are two elements of an application that should be present if you want to catch the attention of an admissions committee.

To answer your question though, the whole "are there any more interviews going to be handed out?", that largely depends on your application timeline and the schools to which you applied.

Good luck with any more interviews that you get!

Jesus man, calm down. Maybe that'll help your 0/5 turn into a 1/6.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have not yet gotten any acceptances from your five interviews. I would encourage you to review your application and interview style. Based on the last part of your post, it doesn't sound like you have "community involvement/volunteering"--which are two elements of an application that should be present if you want to catch the attention of an admissions committee.

To answer your question though, the whole "are there any more interviews going to be handed out?", that largely depends on your application timeline and the schools to which you applied.

Good luck with any more interviews that you get!

Agreed! I am a reapplicant who has had some success this time around. I called the schools I didn't have luck at last year and asked what I could do to strengthen my app. They all said I needed clinical experience, so I got so much experience it's not even funny. Some schools told me they won't even interview people that have a sparse "clinical experience" section of the application. So if that's the case for you, there's your problem!

most schools still have invites yet to go out

how long ago were your interviews? have you even heard from these places post-interview yet or are you just jumping the gun?

also: stop with the substances this late on a Sunday night. It makes rallying for Monday morning so much more difficult, as I'm sure you're finding as I type this :smuggrin:

I think it's impossible to NOT feel like this right now. I've had 2 interview invites, but they came back in mid-September. Even though I feel so grateful for them (and they happen to be my top choices), the possibility of not getting in seems to creep into my head more and more every day.

I know I need to chill out...believe me, but I guess I don't operate that way. I started looking up potential MS/MA/MPH programs for next year today, so I feel a bit better being proactive and all. But I know the only real cure for my paranoia will be when/if I get that big white packet in the mail.

Wahhh! Seriously, this process is twisted...:cry:

I think it's impossible to NOT feel like this right now. I've had 2 interview invites, but they came back in mid-September. Even though I feel so grateful for them (and they happen to be my top choices), the possibility of not getting in seems to creep into my head more and more every day.

I know I need to chill out...believe me, but I guess I don't operate that way. I started looking up potential MS/MA/MPH programs for next year today, so I feel a bit better being proactive and all. But I know the only real cure for my paranoia will be when/if I get that big white packet in the mail.

Wahhh! Seriously, this process is twisted...:cry:

Just re-enrolled to take Biochem and Anatomy in Spring - also applying to a MS for next year in worse case scenario BUT still trying to be optimistic -