Invasive Radiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My father's friend's son just completed an invasive radiology residency at ucsd. How is an invasive radiology residency different than a regular radiology or oncology radiology residency?

Members don't see this ad.

NRAI2001 said:
My father's friend's son just completed an invasive radiology residency at ucsd. How is an invasive radiology residency different than a regular radiology or oncology radiology residency?

There is no such thing as 'invasive radiology' or 'oncology radiology'. Perhaps he was talking about interventional radiology fellowship. Radiation oncology is a specialty that uses radiation to treat cancers..

If you had initiative to find this site on your own, you probably have the initiative and the smarts to know how to use google.com. If you want to know more about Interventional radiology check www.sirweb.org. or google it. If you want to know more about radiation oncology google it.

Do your homework first, if you still have questions I'll be happy to answer them. :)

Good luck,

hans19 said:
There is no such thing as 'invasive radiology' or 'oncology radiology'. Perhaps he was talking about interventional radiology fellowship. Radiation oncology is a specialty that uses radiation to treat cancers..

If you had initiative to find this site on your own, you probably have the initiative and the smarts to know how to use google.com. If you want to know more about Interventional radiology check www.sirweb.org. or google it. If you want to know more about radiation oncology google it.

Do your homework first, if you still have questions I'll be happy to answer them. :)

Good luck,

Well i posted the question bc i thought i could ask people who seem to be pretty knowledgable about the field.

Members don't see this ad :)
NRAI2001 said:
Well i posted the question bc i thought i could ask people who seem to be pretty knowledgable about the field.
Welcome to the radiology forum!!! ;)

NRAI2001 said:

Did you check out www.sirweb.org, they can explain the field a lot better than I can, and they even have a video clip about interventional radiology.
I really don't know a whole lot about radiation oncology, as its a different specialty that radiology.

You have an incredible source of knowledge literally at your finger tips. Google it, man! If you still don't know what you want to know ask. As far as interventional radiology goes, its a subspecialty whose importance is difficult to understand outside of the context of the rest of medicine. Check out the website, learn a little more about medicine in general if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

-Hans

Does anyone know how people rank these programs and some top professors to learn this from?

What are the steps first to be a Radiologist, then to be an Interventional Radiologist?

2 Premedical Students

hans19 said:
Did you check out www.sirweb.org, they can explain the field a lot better than I can, and they even have a video clip about interventional radiology.
I really don't know a whole lot about radiation oncology, as its a different specialty that radiology.

You have an incredible source of knowledge literally at your finger tips. Google it, man! If you still don't know what you want to know ask. As far as interventional radiology goes, its a subspecialty whose importance is difficult to understand outside of the context of the rest of medicine. Check out the website, learn a little more about medicine in general if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

-Hans

Cool thanks a lot. :thumbup: