NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2001
4,638
49
Cali
My father's friend's son just completed an invasive radiology residency at ucsd. How is an invasive radiology residency different than a regular radiology or oncology radiology residency?
 

hans19

I'm back...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
929
14
Status
Attending Physician
NRAI2001 said:
My father's friend's son just completed an invasive radiology residency at ucsd. How is an invasive radiology residency different than a regular radiology or oncology radiology residency?
There is no such thing as 'invasive radiology' or 'oncology radiology'. Perhaps he was talking about interventional radiology fellowship. Radiation oncology is a specialty that uses radiation to treat cancers..

If you had initiative to find this site on your own, you probably have the initiative and the smarts to know how to use google.com. If you want to know more about Interventional radiology check www.sirweb.org. or google it. If you want to know more about radiation oncology google it.

Do your homework first, if you still have questions I'll be happy to answer them. :)

Good luck,
 
OP
NRAI2001

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2001
4,638
49
Cali
hans19 said:
There is no such thing as 'invasive radiology' or 'oncology radiology'. Perhaps he was talking about interventional radiology fellowship. Radiation oncology is a specialty that uses radiation to treat cancers..

If you had initiative to find this site on your own, you probably have the initiative and the smarts to know how to use google.com. If you want to know more about Interventional radiology check www.sirweb.org. or google it. If you want to know more about radiation oncology google it.

Do your homework first, if you still have questions I'll be happy to answer them. :)

Good luck,
Well i posted the question bc i thought i could ask people who seem to be pretty knowledgable about the field.
 

bigfrank

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,067
8
E-USA
Visit site
Status
NRAI2001 said:
Well i posted the question bc i thought i could ask people who seem to be pretty knowledgable about the field.
Welcome to the radiology forum!!! ;)
 

hans19

I'm back...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
929
14
Status
Attending Physician
NRAI2001 said:
Well i posted the question bc i thought i could ask people who seem to be pretty knowledgable about the field.
Did you check out www.sirweb.org, they can explain the field a lot better than I can, and they even have a video clip about interventional radiology.
I really don't know a whole lot about radiation oncology, as its a different specialty that radiology.

You have an incredible source of knowledge literally at your finger tips. Google it, man! If you still don't know what you want to know ask. As far as interventional radiology goes, its a subspecialty whose importance is difficult to understand outside of the context of the rest of medicine. Check out the website, learn a little more about medicine in general if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

-Hans
 

DelAGator

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2005
89
0
Status
Does anyone know how people rank these programs and some top professors to learn this from?

What are the steps first to be a Radiologist, then to be an Interventional Radiologist?

2 Premedical Students
 
OP
NRAI2001

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2001
4,638
49
Cali
hans19 said:
Did you check out www.sirweb.org, they can explain the field a lot better than I can, and they even have a video clip about interventional radiology.
I really don't know a whole lot about radiation oncology, as its a different specialty that radiology.

You have an incredible source of knowledge literally at your finger tips. Google it, man! If you still don't know what you want to know ask. As far as interventional radiology goes, its a subspecialty whose importance is difficult to understand outside of the context of the rest of medicine. Check out the website, learn a little more about medicine in general if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

-Hans
Cool thanks a lot. :thumbup: