Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard from the DC schools or Brown? When I look @ their website (GW) they state that most of their interviews are scheduled by mid-November. Does that mean they do not wait for the dean's letter? :confused:

I have not heard from GW, and I don't think I have seen anyone in this forum say they have received an interview. I have a feeling that they might be waiting for the dean's letter, with all of the scheduling occurring in a two-week period from Nov 1 to mid-November, but who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm surprised theres no applications to Universiy of South Carolina, Columbia, or maybe I'm just missing htose applicants?

yeah to UW-seattle. check the whole thread, i think some people have. they will send you an invite and then ask if you want to be considered for seattle, spokane or both. they provide financial assistance if you want to travel to spokane to interview...

is UW supposed to be very biologically oriented?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA SFV (by email)
UCLA KERN (withdrawing)
UC Davis (by email)
UCSF (by phone this week)
UC Irvine (by email this week)
USC (by email)
San Mateo (by email)
CPMC (from PD)
Cornell (by email today)

yeah to UW-seattle. check the whole thread, i think some people have. they will send you an invite and then ask if you want to be considered for seattle, spokane or both. they provide financial assistance if you want to travel to spokane to interview...

is UW supposed to be very biologically oriented?

Congrats on the UW invite! :thumbup:
Just hearsay, but I've heard it is more biologically oriented. However, it is supposed to be a great department. Also, my guess would be that a place like UW should have enough depth in its faculty to find what you need in psychotherapy, assuming that is what you want. Besides, Seattle is a great city! (as long as you don't mind rain like myself :D )

UC Davis med/psych today !!
spot_party.gif

I just added OSU to my application yesterday, my stuff was uploaded yesterdya afternoon and got OSU invite this morning-they are speeedy. I even had an interview date confirmed by like 10pm-everything about them was fast! Adding OSU

OSU
UW
UCSF(phone call)
USC
UCLA(away rotation invite personally)
UCI
UArizona
GoodSAM Phoenix
Maricopa Phoenix

I just added OSU to my application yesterday, my stuff was uploaded yesterdya afternoon and got OSU invite this morning-they are speeedy. I even had an interview date confirmed by like 10pm-everything about them was fast! Adding OSU

OSU
UW
UCSF(phone call)
USC
UCLA(away rotation invite personally)
UCI
UArizona
GoodSAM Phoenix
Maricopa Phoenix

That's funny. I got OSU the very next day after I applied,too. It actually made me a bit concerned...Are they having trouble getting applicants or are they inviting just about anybody that applies? :confused:

Any way, is OSU supposed to be any good? I've heard a few decent things...

EXACTLY! what I was thinking-I means sheesh even the local county hospital took a week to get back to me! I like how on their website the message from the dean says something like " we are proud that US news and world reports ranked us one of the top psych programs in 2002" !!!! 2002!!! I mean get with the program a lot changes in almost 6 years! I hope they have not been streaming downhill from there!

Since most of their programs, med school and even undergrad are geneally top notch, I would be shocked if they were not pretty reputable and wouldnt afford opportunity for fellowships wherever-OSU has surprisngly good name recognition-ironically in largge part to their football success!

I have 3 of 4 letters uploaded, and I've gotten invites from:

Cornell
Yale
Pitt
Hopkins
St. Vincents-Manhattan

Harvard/MGH sent me an e-mail confirming receipt of my app, and told me that they won't be sending out invites to anyone until Nov. 1st.

Still waiting to hear from:
Brown
Harvard/Longwood
Harvard/Cambridge
UPenn
Duke
Columbia
NYU

QUESTION: if you have received an invite from any of these programs, was your application complete? or should i just assume i'm not going to hear from them?

Anyway, I hope this information is helpful to some. Best of luck to everyone this interview season!

i am also waiting on:
Brown
HArvard Longwood
Harvard Mgh
Hardvard South Shore
Cambridge
GW
Georgetown
UCLA

If you look back in the thread, you can see who I have heard from. most of them i received after my 3rd LoR was in...
I am applying to so many b/c of my husband's opportunities too..
I got that confirmation email from MGH too :). I thought that was nice.

i am also waiting on:
Brown
HArvard Longwood
Harvard Mgh
Hardvard South Shore
Cambridge
GW
Georgetown
UCLA

If you look back in the thread, you can see who I have heard from. most of them i received after my 3rd LoR was in...
I am applying to so many b/c of my husband's opportunities too..
I got that confirmation email from MGH too :). I thought that was nice.

Nevermind, speak of the devil, i just got Georgetown! They do interviews on Thursdays only.

QUESTION: if you have received an invite from any of these programs, was your application complete? or should i just assume i'm not going to hear from them?

I got UPenn with two LoR and no dean's letter. I also haven't heard from Brown, Columbia, NYU, or Duke.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the anxiety, but I submitted my application yesterday and only have 2 interviews so far. None of my LORs are ready -- do a lot of programs wait for one or both of them before offering an interview invite?

Sorry for the anxiety, but I submitted my application yesterday and only have 2 interviews so far. None of my LORs are ready -- do a lot of programs wait for one or both of them before offering an interview invite?

That is great that you applied yesterday and already have two interviews! When i first put in my app, i had one LoR from Medicine and recieved 5 interviews from what i consider solid programs. When I added a second LoR from Psych, literally within a few days I got interviews and some at supposively 'big name' places. I'm sure the 2nd LoR helped...I'm still waiting for two more LoR from professors.

Good Luck!

I am very glad to say that I got 2 more interviews this week, LIJ and St. Vincents Manhattan. The only think I'm worrying about is that I emailed my preferred interviewing dates to LIJ on Wed and haven't heard back yet. Should I worry that she didn't get my email or something? Maybe I'll give a call on Monday. Or I'm being paranoid :p

guess i'll throw in my list, now that i've actually got some interviews...

U of Arizona
Hopkins
Georgetown
UNC
Cleveland Clinic
Good Samaritan
Mayo

maranatha, how long did it take after submitting for upenn to contact you? I'm really hoping to hear from them and Duke soon.

maranatha, how long did it take after submitting for upenn to contact you? I'm really hoping to hear from them and Duke soon.

It was about 3 weeks total. As i said in a previous post, about two days after i uploaded by 2nd LoR, i got the interview...Good luck!

UT Dallas(finally) and Mayo yesterday via email.

UCSF emailed me reminding me about the supplemental I had read about on this forum. So I know this is a long shot, but I'm gonna throw this out there anyway. Since they ask on the supplemental, is there any particular interest that the UCSF program is looking to attract? I know I should just rank my interests, but I wanted to see if anyone had insight into this.

University of Colorado
Ohio State
Washington University
Emory
UIC
University of Wisconsin
Indiana
St. Louis University

I also haven't heard from Brown, Baylor, Northwestern, and Medical College of Wisconsin. Anyone?

HArvard Longwood
Harvard Mgh
Hardvard South Shore
Cambridge
Can someone explain to me the differences between these programs? I only applied to MGH and Longwood, and now I'm regretting Longwood because it doesn't seem as research-oriented as I would like. What are the other two like? I couldn't even find the homepages for their programs.

with no LORS(0/4) uploaded or deans letter yet, here is my list:

Jackson Memorial - University of Miami, FL
Medical College of Georgia
UIC
Rosalind Franklin - Chicago Medical School

Pending LORS & Deans letter(but received email about interviews once they receive them):

University of Wisconsin
Emory

:thumbup: but still want more chicago programs too...:confused:

Question: for people who have so far received interviews from major research institutions (Pitt, Penn, Duke, UNC, Yale)--did you apply to research/child psych/med psych tracks?

Question: for people who have so far received interviews from major research institutions (Pitt, Penn, Duke, UNC, Yale)--did you apply to a research/child psych/med psych tracks?[/QUOTE]

I have received invites to all five of those institutions. Of the five, Duke is the only one to which I applied for something (Med/Psych) other than simply psychiatry.

Whoops: I guess I did the quote thing wrong.

what is up with UCSF??? I already got a phone call and interview and I have gotten 2 emails since asking me to send in the 3 supplem. applications haha do they not have any organization! that scares me

what is up with UCSF??? I already got a phone call and interview and I have gotten 2 emails since asking me to send in the 3 supplem. applications haha do they not have any organization! that scares me

i think they are blanket emails sent to everyone who applied.

Has anyone heard from Stony Brook?

updating my list ...

beth israel
lij
st vincents
umdnj
st luke's-roosevelt

Finally got UNC :) .

Still waiting to hear from Stony Brook, Yale, and Brown. Has anyone heard from any of these places???

Stanford today via e-mail

To update my list:

1) Rochester
2) St. Elizabeth's Boston (Caritas)
3) Loyola
4) Wayne State
5) Yale

hoping for more, although scheduling is going to be tricky.

2/3 letters in. I don't even have a 4th planned...so I hope they don't expect it!

Brown
UC-Davis
UCSD
Maine Medical Center
Med College Georgia
U North Carolina
U New Mexico
Mayo Clinic
Cincinnati
U Washington-Seattle and Spokane

crash and burn-stanford says F@uck me! Rejected via email today-who wants to live there anywa-ucsf anyday!!

Maine Medical Center
Med College Georgia
U North Carolina
U New Mexico
Mayo Clinic
Cincinnati
U Washington-Seattle and Spokane

Hey, when you interview at Maine Med Center, could you make sure you post your thoughts on the program? It's near my hometown, and if the program is any good, then it's something that I'm going to be VERY interested in.

Update:

Invites:
Jefferson
UMDNJ Camden
AEMC (Philly)
Sheppard-Pratt/UoMD

Rejections:
UPenn

Still waiting on six other places yet...

Just heard from Univ. of Virginia today, no luck with Hopkins or Tufts. Syracuse and VCU already offered interviews. 20 applications still pending; Dean's letter and Step 2 CK pending.

Updates

Heard today: UPitt and Boston University

Invites (in no particular order):
Syracuse/SUNY Upstate
University of Rochester
BUMC
UPitt
UMich
Institute of Living

Good luck everybody!!!

Adding Stanford and Cedars Sinai?

UCLA SFV (by email)
UCLA KERN (withdrawing)
UC Davis (by email)
UCSF (by phone)
UC Irvine (by email)
USC (by email)
San Mateo (by email)
CPMC (from PD)
Cornell (by email)
Stanford (by email today):thumbup: :love:
Cedars Sinai
(unsure if this was an interview invite--"we will be contacting you abouy interviews in the future." )

hey, I just joined SDN.
I sent out ERAS Oct 1st and sent out my personal statement 1 week ago (finally, geeeez!) I have 2 LORs in. My transcripts were just released yesterday.

So far, I have interviews at:

Georgetown
Tufts
New York Medical College Valhalla
Einstein Montefiore
Thomas Jefferson
Yale
UMDNJ Camden,
UMDNJ Piscataway
UMDNJ Newark
Beth Israel in NY

No rejections yet. :thumbup:
We're prolly all gonna run into eachother along the way....

it would be interesting if people started posting what day they were interviewing at particular institutions. Or is that too personal.... like asking a woman her weight or age?? :scared:

A great Wednesday! -

Cambridge
Jefferson
Mt. Sinai

Do any of you know if any programs typically pay for part of travel or hotel cost? The reality is setting in that this is going to be a very expensive process-

Adding Stanford and Cedars Sinai?

UCLA SFV (by email)
UCLA KERN (withdrawing)
UC Davis (by email)
UCSF (by phone)
UC Irvine (by email)
USC (by email)
San Mateo (by email)
CPMC (from PD)
Cornell (by email)
Stanford (by email today):thumbup: :love:
Cedars Sinai
(unsure if this was an interview invite--"we will be contacting you abouy interviews in the future." )

Dont wet your panties dude-Everyone got that email-and if you posted the whole email instead of a piece and if you read it-it clearly stated that they Will begin reviewing applications soon-once deans letters are in and will let you know about an interview offer no later than I believe it was sometime in december-the email clearly told everyone they are about to begin reviewing applications-they have not yet and will notfiy you either way in about a month-so settle down their

Got busted by Stanford , too!

Anyways, Mercury -- I have not heard from UT San Antonio. I haven't heard yet from Baylor or UT-Houston either...and those are the two schools at the top of my list...have u heard from them?