You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State C/O 2026 Hopefuls
Started by snuggs114
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello! I'll be a first time applicant OOS!
First time applicant OOS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First time OOS
First time OOS! (Technically I applied my first cycle but pulled my application to iowa because I couldn’t take the pre-req as planned- it was a mess)
First time applicant OOS as well! ISU is definitely one of my top choices!
2nd time applicant but 1st time to ISU! Oos
Chiming in! Current VM1 at ISU- happy to answer any questions 🙂
I also applied to UNL/ISU! At least we will know in December, rather than February!Hi everyone! I just applied to the UNL/ISU program. Now for the longgggg wait 🙂
Do you know if UNL is still doing interviews or did they stop?I also applied to UNL/ISU! At least we will know in December, rather than February!
No, there are no interviews. I am currently in a one year masters program at Kansas State, but did my undergrad at a small liberal arts school in Nebraska. I was an alternate last year, so hoping for better luck this year! Good luck to you as well!Do you know if UNL is still doing interviews or did they stop?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, this is my 3rd cycle applying to vet school, but my first time with ISU on my list. I know we can check our status online, I was wondering if they send all applications through academic review and onto committee review or if they ever reject people after only academic review? I know some schools immediately eliminate some based on GPAs, and I wasn't sure for ISU. Thanks in advance!
If you don't meet the minimum academic requirements you will not make it to committee review, my friends knew an applicant that was denied for that reason in December. Otherwise all acceptances, waitlist and rejections will go out in Feb.Hey everyone, this is my 3rd cycle applying to vet school, but my first time with ISU on my list. I know we can check our status online, I was wondering if they send all applications through academic review and onto committee review or if they ever reject people after only academic review? I know some schools immediately eliminate some based on GPAs, and I wasn't sure for ISU. Thanks in advance!
That actually makes me feel relieved because I checked the other day and saw it changed from academic review to committee review. I was curious about that because I know in the past I’ve been cut out of school’s groups because of academics so I’m happy my extra classes have helpedIf you don't meet the minimum academic requirements you will not make it to committee review, my friends knew an applicant that was denied for that reason in December. Otherwise all acceptances, waitlist and rejections will go out in Feb.
alyssajustine33
Full Member
Where are you seeing the "academic review" or "committee review'? Is that on the same portal that was used for the supplemental application?That actually makes me feel relieved because I checked the other day and saw it changed from academic review to committee review. I was curious about that because I know in the past I’ve been cut out of school’s groups because of academics so I’m happy my extra classes have helped
Yes it’s on that same supplemental application. It’s in the “application status” area. The same place you can see if your VMCAS application and Casper score were receivedWhere are you seeing the "academic review" or "committee review'? Is that on the same portal that was used for the supplemental application?
Does anyone else’s still say “None” under application status. Mine does and I don’t know if I should worry?Yes it’s on that same supplemental application. It’s in the “application status” area. The same place you can see if your VMCAS application and Casper score were received
Mine does as well, I’m hoping they’re just reviewing applications in the order they’ve received them and haven’t gotten to mine yet!Does anyone else’s still say “None” under application status. Mine does and I don’t know if I should worry?
Mine said that for a long time. I think they also update each portal manually so it might take a while for the status to change, but they should let you know if you're missing anything
Saw my status was updated to committee review
Good luck everyone!!!
Can't wait to see you guys around next year!
Can't wait to see you guys around next year!

I don't think it's posted yet, we just got our class composite posted recently (after 2 months of taking them haha)Has anyone been able to find the stats for accepted students for c/o 2025? I can only find up to 2024.
I don't know the exact GPA details but I do remember the class size was less than 2024.
Im seeing people's statuses change to committee review.. yet mine is still on "academic review" does that mean i did not make it...? Is anyone on the same boat...?
D
deleted676737
No. As I believe someone mentioned earlier, ISU reviews and updates applicant portals manually, so it can take a while for the status to change. Generally, unless you are missing a prereq and/or do not meet the minimum requirements to be admitted (or meet the requirements but have a science GPA below whatever cutoff they established for this year), you will pass the Academic Review.Im seeing people's statuses change to committee review.. yet mine is still on "academic review" does that mean i did not make it...? Is anyone on the same boat...?
You will know if you don't make it through, because your status will change to 'Concluded---Deny'. Otherwise, you are still in the running.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m not completely sure but I think when they do the academic evaluation/scoring takes into account science GPA (may only be science prereq GPA not all science GPA if that makes sense), cumulative GPA, and last 45 GPA. I know I had GRE scores from my first cycle so I did submit those because that is another factor that gets put into it so I did that to help out balance my lower science GPA (my science is lower also)Definitely feeling nervous! I am out of state, and my science GPA is at a 3.31. My last 45 is 3.74, so I am hoping I got a shot! Does anyone have experience with ISU and lower science GPAs?
Have they calculated your science gpa in your portal? Mine says it still hasn’t been calculated. I’m OOS as well. Good luck!Definitely feeling nervous! I am out of state, and my science GPA is at a 3.31. My last 45 is 3.74, so I am hoping I got a shot! Does anyone have experience with ISU and lower science GPAs?
They did calculate my science GPA it appearsHave they calculated your science gpa in your portal? Mine says it still hasn’t been calculated. I’m OOS as well. Good luck!
Has anyone been able to find the stats for accepted students for c/o 2025? I can only find up to 2024.
- Class of 2025 Profile:
- Total Class: 159 (new admits)
- Men: 29 (18.2%); Women 130 (81.8%)
- Degrees: 25 No degree; 130 Bachelor’s; 4 Master’s
- Ethnicity: 1 American Indian; 5 Asian; 8 Hispanic; 138 White; 6 Foreign Nationals; 1 Unknown
- States of Residence: 32 U.S. states, and 5 countries outside the U.S.
- Last 45 GPA: 3.78 (entire class mean)
- Science GPA: 3.62 (entire class mean
They haven't updated it online but these are the stats they sent out to the CVM.
Thanks so much for sharing!
- Class of 2025 Profile:
- Total Class: 159 (new admits)
- Men: 29 (18.2%); Women 130 (81.8%)
- Degrees: 25 No degree; 130 Bachelor’s; 4 Master’s
- Ethnicity: 1 American Indian; 5 Asian; 8 Hispanic; 138 White; 6 Foreign Nationals; 1 Unknown
- States of Residence: 32 U.S. states, and 5 countries outside the U.S.
- Last 45 GPA: 3.78 (entire class mean)
- Science GPA: 3.62 (entire class mean
They haven't updated it online but these are the stats they sent out to the CVM.
Hi! I am out of state and was accepted last year. My last 45 was 3.30 and my science was 3.45(if the use all science classes taken) or 3.60(if they just use the science prerequisites). Not sure how they calculate science gpa.Definitely feeling nervous! I am out of state, and my science GPA is at a 3.31. My last 45 is 3.74, so I am hoping I got a shot! Does anyone have experience with ISU and lower science GPAs?
Unfortunately I had a family emergency so had to defer my seat and will be joining the class of 2026, so I hope to see you then!
I have a very low cGPA from when I was super young. My last 45 was around 3.7 and Science I think was 3.67. Several of my classmates had 3.3-4 science GPAs, I think one of my friends might have had a 3.2.Definitely feeling nervous! I am out of state, and my science GPA is at a 3.31. My last 45 is 3.74, so I am hoping I got a shot! Does anyone have experience with ISU and lower science GPAs?
Forgot to add that I was accepted last cycle!I have a very low cGPA from when I was super young. My last 45 was around 3.7 and Science I think was 3.67. Several of my classmates had 3.3-4 science GPAs, I think one of my friends might have had a 3.2.
My application finally updated today from “none” to “in committee review”! I am definitely relieved lol I wish it was March and this waiting was over!
felinedvm98
Full Member
Don't worry too much - when I applied last year I don't think my GPAs got updated until December. They don't release any decisions until February so I wouldn't get too concerned.Sigh, my Science GPA still has not been calculated and my status is still "None". Getting really really concerned
So even after status is updated to “under committee review”, we still won’t hear anything till February!? UGHHHH, the waiting is agonizingDon't worry too much - when I applied last year I don't think my GPAs got updated until December. They don't release any decisions until February so I wouldn't get too concerned.
I’d have to check their website again but I think they also ask people to Send fall transcripts because they consider that under review which would explain why it’s so lateSo even after status is updated to “under committee review”, we still won’t hear anything till February!? UGHHHH, the waiting is agonizing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know when UNL sends our their decision?I also applied to UNL/ISU! At least we will know in December, rather than February!
Last year they sent out decisions December 22nd. The website for this year says decisions will be release in mid to late January- I'm guessing they pushed it back due to the VMCAS deadline being pushed back.Do you know when UNL sends our their decision?
I ended up sending them a message and they are hoping to have them out before Christmas 🙂Last year they sent out decisions December 22nd. The website for this year says decisions will be release in mid to late January- I'm guessing they pushed it back due to the VMCAS deadline being pushed back.
This gives me mixed feelings - I want to know but now I just have another deadline counting down in my headI ended up sending them a message and they are hoping to have them out before Christmas 🙂