iPad for Med School: iPad Pro (2017) vs iPad (2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOC2BE*2024*

MD Class of 2024
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm starting med school this fall and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on which iPad model I should get. Both are compatible with the first gen Apple pencil and I am a very heavy note taker, I want to purchase the item I will get the most out of but not break the bank (@ iPad pro 2020 lol) Thanks!
 
iPad Pro if you want the bigger 12.9” screen. Normal iPad if you’re ok with a smaller screen. Other than screen size, I don’t think the differences in specs will matter if you’re just using it for note taking purposes
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If your white coat is at least a size medium, the 10.5in iPad Pro should be able to fit into the pocket which honestly has been clutch on rotations. Actually been told I look more professional with it (lol).