MD & DO iPad Pro for Medical School

Started by Jdp00921
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iPad Pro Worth It?

  • Yes

    Votes: 164 76.6%
  • No

    Votes: 50 23.4%

  • Total voters
    214
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm used to printing the ppts and taking notes on them when in lecture...but the printing costs and the space/#of binders is piling up, so thinking about switching it all to the iPad pro/pencil using notability.

So, those of you who went from using paper to just the Ipad...you happy with the results? No more paper note taking and its just the iPad now? Thanks.
 
dont buy it until you know if you're a class go-er or not. I bought one thinking i'd use it all the time and ended up barely touching it for 2 years because i never needed to write anything down

edit: meaning I used anki the whole 2 years
 
Is there a distinct advantage to the iPad Pro over the regular 2018 iPad? Both are compatible with the pencil but the regular iPad is about $300 cheaper. Even the 128GB version is around $450.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a distinct advantage to the iPad Pro over the regular 2018 iPad? Both are compatible with the pencil but the regular iPad is about $300 cheaper. Even the 128GB version is around $450.

Found this video helpful when deciding..I ended up getting the Pro (12.9 in/256gb) because I take alot of notes; imo the extra $$$ for the pro is a good investment for the long run.

 
+1000 on the iPad and ESPECIALLY the pencil.

Downloading powerpoints and writing directly on them has been a lifechanging study experience for me. That being said, the laptop is still necessary for me for a number of scenarios because I type way faster than I write