IR training in DR residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

werewethere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To students, residents, and fellows,
As we approach the match and to provide guidance to future IR focused students, could you discuss specific educational models you've seen at your own program or programs you've applied to. Specifically, which program is it, how much time can you spend on IR, how much hands on training, how much clinical elective time, how many dedicated IR lectures, is there a resident clinic, and any other specific aspects you find worth mentioning. Also, if there has been a program that has been surprisingly disappointing, perhaps offering reputation but not much of an experience, that might help guide aspiring IRs. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Folks,
I'm sure some of you out there have some experiences or stories to share about where you might think it might be good or bad to train. Why not share them?

werewethere:

I interviewed this year and am putting my input under the "Quality IR programs" thread, as it seems to address similar questions and already has a few responses.

I agree that we need to get this info out! I hope people will jump in and comment.