irked with Kaplan Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

avgdoc2010

anyone else irked with kaplan qbank? their highlighting/crossout function doesn't work (something tech support apparently acknowledged and said they couldn't fix) and i get error messages every other time i try to log in. tried asking for a refund or something and they said they wouldn't give it to me because i had used over half the questions. misrepresentation of product! :mad: i ended up shelling out more money for USMLEworld because i was so tired of dealing with the errors.

those of you who haven't used 50% should contact them and ask about getting a refund. apparently it's possible if you haven't used up to half of their questions yet.

Members don't see this ad.

You're much better off doing USMLE World. Kaplan is losing a ton of business to them and rightfully so. Not only are they offering an inferior product that is more expensive than the rest of their competition, but they do not help any of their paying members by giving them what they want: better questions with more in depth explanations.

Their flash program is what is at fault on Kaplan. You need to wait for the flash application to reset to highlight a new phrase. It's annoying and tedious, as are the questions on Kaplan. You've done yourself a huge service by starting up UW. Kaplan is rubbish and I will forever put it down as being the worst qbank out. From their non-sensical vignettes that don't convey anything meaningful, to their emphasis of the materials that they sell, it's hardly the best way to prepare for this exam. What was adequate a a couple of years ago, does not stand up to the test of time and Kaplan's qbank is great example of this.

anyone else irked with kaplan qbank? their highlighting/crossout function doesn't work (something tech support apparently acknowledged and said they couldn't fix) and i get error messages every other time i try to log in. tried asking for a refund or something and they said they wouldn't give it to me because i had used over half the questions. misrepresentation of product! :mad: i ended up shelling out more money for USMLEworld because i was so tired of dealing with the errors.

those of you who haven't used 50% should contact them and ask about getting a refund. apparently it's possible if you haven't used up to half of their questions yet.

I agree completely with your thoughts about Kaplan.

But given what I have bolded, I do not think they were in the wrong for not granting you a refund. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to agree that if you do finish more than 50% of the bank, you shouldn't get your money back. It wouldn't be fair to them since you could technically do 50%, cancel it, then sign up for it using a different credit card and do the other half, and cancel again. Albeit, it's an unlikely occurrence, but it could still happen.

Kaplan sucks anyway, but everyone should find out on their own. It's like a right of passage when it comes to Step 1 prep. You'll be amazed at how many anatomy questions they will allocate per block. It just doesn't make any sense.