Is 1 year of clinical activities "longitudinal enough"?

Started by deleted1000960
Tags Tags
clinical experience extracirricular
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1000960

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in the middle of a reinvention postbacc, and I was planning on starting my volunteering with a hospice and children's hospital the June of this year. The plan was to have ~2 years of volunteering with these organizations. But, with the pandemic, the programs have been put on pause, and I think it will most likely resume around May-June of 2021, if there is a suitable vaccine available by then. Since there are no other realistic clinical volunteering options, I'm just assuming I will not be able to start until mid 2021.

The current plan was to apply for the 2022-2023 cycle. Would ~1 year or less, maybe even like 8-9 months depending on when it's safe again for patients (2021-2022), of clinical experience before apps go in be considered "longitudinal enough"?
 
I'm currently in the middle of a reinvention postbacc, and I was planning on starting my volunteering with a hospice and children's hospital the June of this year. The plan was to have ~2 years of volunteering with these organizations. But, with the pandemic, the programs have been put on pause, and I think it will most likely resume around May-June of 2021, if there is a suitable vaccine available by then. Since there are no other realistic clinical volunteering options, I'm just assuming I will not be able to start until mid 2021.

The current plan was to apply for the 2022-2023 cycle. Would ~1 year or less, maybe even like 8-9 months depending on when it's safe again for patients (2021-2022), of clinical experience before apps go in be considered "longitudinal enough"?
Not sure, but I hope so. I'm in a similar boat and expect around 6-8 months with 5-600 hours.

I know the hours are fine but I'm worried about the length as well.