Is 2007 still a possibility for someone like...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billydoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well me?

36 y.o male (yeah, yeah an old fart:rolleyes: )
Foreign-educated RN, but practicing in NY for the past 16 years.
B.S from Touro, NY (2001):GPA=3.5 with many health courses at 4.0, and some "Cr" for credit transfered from foreign med school (1986-89), but granted by Touro.
M.S in Acupuncture 2003 (with licensed to practice) I've bee in private practice for 3 yrs, and lots of externships while in graduate program.

No MCAT yet, and the best bet is April, though i'll push for January.

I've been accepted to a few good carib schools, and even tried ROSS back in 2004. But for health, and family reasons it was not possible fpr me to continue. There is no problem getting reinstated in any of those, given my background, and interests of practicing in certain fields...D.O is the way to go.
So what do you say, good ppl of SDN, do i stand a chance at all, and 2007 in particular?

Thanks All:)

Members don't see this ad.

Well me?

36 y.o male (yeah, yeah an old fart:rolleyes: )
Foreign-educated RN, but practicing in NY for the past 16 years.
B.S from Touro, NY (2001):GPA=3.5 with many health courses at 4.0, and some "Cr" for credit transfered from foreign med school (1986-89), but granted by Touro.
M.S in Acupuncture 2003 (with licensed to practice) I've bee in private practice for 3 yrs, and lots of externships while in graduate program.

No MCAT yet, and the best bet is April, though i'll push for January.

I've been accepted to a few good carib schools, and even tried ROSS back in 2004. But for health, and family reasons it was not possible fpr me to continue. There is no problem getting reinstated in any of those, given my background, and interests of practicing in certain fields...D.O is the way to go.
So what do you say, good ppl of SDN, do i stand a chance at all, and 2007 in particular?

Thanks All:)

If you're talkign about starting school in 2007? I think all schools require a MCAT Aug 2006 or before for this cycle. If you're talking about applying in 2007, I think you have a shot.

Now the biggest problem you'll have is explaining the fact that you were in medical school and left. You'll have to be very clear and sensitive about what you say... It sounds like you have good reasons, but this will be a major strike against you and will hurt you chances (speaking through experience).

Good luck.

no, i dont think 2007 is possible. MAYBE if you take the january mcat. maybe one of the newly opened schools will accept that. but either way, highly unlikely for this cycle imo.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're talkign about starting school in 2007? I think all schools require a MCAT Aug 2006 or before for this cycle. If you're talking about applying in 2007, I think you have a shot.

Now the biggest problem you'll have is explaining the fact that you were in medical school and left. You'll have to be very clear and sensitive about what you say... It sounds like you have good reasons, but this will be a major strike against you and will hurt you chances (speaking through experience).

Good luck.
Thanks for an honest response, Depakote. sure it could hurt me. but the very first time I withdrew from the med school in late 1980s is because I left that country. With ROSS... I didn't finish the semester, I have no grades to submit or anything. Also personal health issues, and taking care of my family will hopefully be understood by adcoms.basically, the truth is i've had this nearly maniacal obssession with "getting to medical school now". So I never tried U.S, but realized it and doing what's right for my family. Who knows? may be i'm making another mistake. may be i should've stayed in Carib. After all I'm 36 and not getting any younger.
Thanks

Thanks for an honest response, Depakote. sure it could hurt me. but the very first time I withdrew from the med school in late 1980s is because I left that country. With ROSS... I didn't finish the semester, I have no grades to submit or anything. Also personal health issues, and taking care of my family will hopefully be understood by adcoms.basically, the truth is i've had this nearly maniacal obssession with "getting to medical school now". So I never tried U.S, but realized it and doing what's right for my family. Who knows? may be i'm making another mistake. may be i should've stayed in Carib. After all I'm 36 and not getting any younger.
Thanks

if i were you i'd studied my butt of for MCAT and apply for the 2008 cycle. One year this way or another won't make such a huge difference. rushing is never good.
As far as your background goes i think you have a great chance at many DO schools. But then asking "what are my chances" on this forum will not lead you to the answer...but just opinion. The only way to really find out what happens is to apply. Just apply and see. You have nothing to loose....oh maybe couple K's of $ for application cycle and MCAT lol
Best of luck to you.