Is 2017 the final year for community labs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds like even more labs will be throwing in the towel unless something is done.

http://www.darkintelligencegroup.co...inal-rule-a-threat-to-community-lab-survival/
with The CMS cuts and the Insurance cuts of up to 50% for some tests. most of the small labs will not be able to stay afloat. only the large mills like Quest or Lab corp other like ARUP etc. will be alive. also the predators that call around like Aurona and buy out the profitable labs will force the 'small guy" out of the field. I say to anyone FORGET pathology get into Internal medicine. under CLIA you can still run a lab. mostly the predator's spot the old profitably outfits and buy them out so only a handful of outfits will be left. by all means DO NOT buy a lab or buy into a practice that requires it. most will be going out of business

We are dying in community practice. Every day is a struggle for us. No victories, only defeats. I don't have much hope about private practice. Pretty much everywhere I know that lost/retired a pathologist won't hire new ones as their incomes get squeezed. Sure is depressing to see a group of excellent physician's being marginalized.