Is a 504 MCAT "lethal" for MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all, just wanted to give an update in regards to my cycle (especially for fellow pre-meds with lower MCAT scores) because I know how stressful this process can be and hope my story can remind us that we are more than our GPA/MCAT. Truthfully, I was beginning to feel down after hearing from people I know tell me that my MCAT score would make medical school nearly impossible and I should withdraw my application. Nevertheless, I applied and not too long after I made my original post on SDN, I ended up getting an interview for one of my state's medical schools and was accepted just this past week! I am still in shock that I am going to be a doctor!!!! Additionally, I have 2 more MD interviews scheduled in January (one of which is an OOS school).

This is just my opinion based on my own experiences from this cycle, but do not let your scores, other people, or self-doubt define your value as a person in this process. I think what benefitted me was for the most part maintaining a positive mindset, having a very well-documented theme in my application, working multiple jobs (my interviewer was highly impressed that I worked 2-3 jobs throughout college), and doing activities that I actually enjoyed (some of which had nothing to do with medicine, but helped me grow as a person). My interview went well on my end because I genuinely enjoyed the conversation about what I wrote in my application.

Anyways, wishing good luck this cycle (or in future cycles) to all my fellow "underdogs" out there!
Fellow 504, woke up to an acceptance from my state MD school! so excited, especially after dealing with my premed advisor grilling me day in and day out to only apply DO haha! Awaiting decisions from my other two MD interviews.

Underdogs unite!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
With such poor CARS skill you think I would be at a T-62 school instead of my T-30 school. LMAO.

Bragging about school rank... Typical M1. lol gtfo with that trash

Reactions: 1 users