Is a 65 UWORLD Average for COMLEX Level 2 CE good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi all, I started pretty low getting 50s in UWORLD CK, But now getting 65s and 70s, wondering if a 65 is good enough as a sign. I want to get a 570 + COMLEX Level 2 CE.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a 60 average lol, ended up with a 252 Step 2 Score, and 650 CE score
Thanks! Congrats on the amazing scores. How did you compare UWORLD to CE? I'm only taking CE. What diagnostic tests did you use for COMLEX 2 CE? Is there like an 'NBME' for that?
What would you have done differently? Is using UWORLD enough? Someone said there isn't enough peds and ob on UWORLD CK.

Thanks! Congrats on the amazing scores. How did you compare UWORLD to CE? I'm only taking CE. What diagnostic tests did you use for COMLEX 2 CE? Is there like an 'NBME' for that?
What would you have done differently? Is using UWORLD enough? Someone said there isn't enough peds and ob on UWORLD CK.

Thanks! I just did UWORLD, and OMED tbh. For CE, I specfically studied a lot of OMM, it was 25 percent of the exam. I watched the OMM videos on OME (which I thought were great), and re-read the entire Green book. Brush up on ur ethical principles and all that also. Other than that, questions were very straight forward. Def watch all OMED videos and read outlines, and fill in gaps with uworld.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I just did UWORLD, and OMED tbh. For CE, I specfically studied a lot of OMM, it was 25 percent of the exam. I watched the OMM videos on OME (which I thought were great), and re-read the entire Green book. Brush up on ur ethical principles and all that also. Other than that, questions were very straight forward. Def watch all OMED videos and read outlines, and fill in gaps with uworld.
Is there a certain UWORLD average to be getting? I'm in the 65 range. Also is COMBANK useful at all?

Is there a certain UWORLD average to be getting? I'm in the 65 range. Also is COMBANK useful at all?

I think, 65 is great, I had a 60 lol, but I think dont focus too much on the average, I had a positive trend, meaning I got highter percentage right, as I did more practice. Just go over you right and wrong answers. COMBANK, tbh I really didnt use that much, only for the OMM lol, so that could be very useful, to practice.

Reactions: 1 user
I think, 65 is great, I had a 60 lol, but I think dont focus too much on the average, I had a positive trend, meaning I got highter percentage right, as I did more practice. Just go over you right and wrong answers. COMBANK, tbh I really didnt use that much, only for the OMM lol, so that could be very useful, to practice.
Thanks! What did you do to get such a high score? Did you do anything different besides UWORLD? Also what diagnostic tests should I take?

Hi phagocytosis41,

I wouldn't worry about what your averages in UWorld are. They are not accurate predictors of your future score. Remember, UWorld is a learning tool and getting questions wrong is actually a good thing. It forces you to identify what you are weak at and prompts you to read up on the material. Generally speaking, anywhere in the 60s+ is usually a positive indicator and suggests that your knowledge base is relatively strong. The best predictors are the NBME and UWorld Self Assessments.

Best,

Annette G, MD, MPH - USMLE Tutor and Residency Advisor at Med School Tutors

Hi phagocytosis41,

I wouldn't worry about what your averages in UWorld are. They are not accurate predictors of your future score. Remember, UWorld is a learning tool and getting questions wrong is actually a good thing. It forces you to identify what you are weak at and prompts you to read up on the material. Generally speaking, anywhere in the 60s+ is usually a positive indicator and suggests that your knowledge base is relatively strong. The best predictors are the NBME and UWorld Self Assessments.

Best,

Annette G, MD, MPH - USMLE Tutor and Residency Advisor at Med School Tutors
Thanks!

Sorry for off-topic, but is Level 2 COMLEX going to change soon? I've heard something about reducing total number of questions so it will become more in line with Step 2. I just don't know when exactly is that change happening, this year or next?

Sorry for off-topic, but is Level 2 COMLEX going to change soon? I've heard something about reducing total number of questions so it will become more in line with Step 2. I just don't know when exactly is that change happening, this year or next?
No Idea. I doubt it'll happen this year. Possibly in the future..?

I don’t think there is anything really great diagnostically for COMLEX other than the COMSAE and even those suck. I only used uworld during dedicated time. Had used COMQUEST for all the shelves.
Would you recommend COMQUEST to also prep for Level 2 CE? I'm going to use COMQUEST in addition to UWORLD for Level 2. UWORLD is my main study source right now, but I've been doing COMQUEST too due to lots of recommendations.. While its far easier than UWORLD CK it still helps reinforce certain nonOMM topics (surprisingly) and definitely covers most/all the OMM needed for Level 2.

I would stick with UWorld for CE. Supplement this with the OMM questions from comquest and I think you’re golden. You may want to do some of the comquest ethics questions too because there were many of those on my CE.

Would you recommend COMQUEST to also prep for Level 2 CE? I'm going to use COMQUEST in addition to UWORLD for Level 2. UWORLD is my main study source right now, but I've been doing COMQUEST too due to lots of recommendations.. While its far easier than UWORLD CK it still helps reinforce certain nonOMM topics (surprisingly) and definitely covers most/all the OMM needed for Level 2.

No Idea. I doubt it'll happen this year. Possibly in the future..?

June 1 of this year. The overall number of questions is dropping from 400 to like 354. No change in total time, so you get a few more seconds per question.

Reactions: 2 users