Is a B in undergraduate Physiology bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryhavoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little worried. It is a class about how the body works. And I want to be a doctor. But I got a B. It wasn't even a requirement for my major, I took it for "fun". Should I take it again to prove I can get an A?

Members don't see this ad.

Bad? Yes
Going to keep you out of med school? Not singlehandedly
Worth retaking? No

I'm a little worried. It is a class about how the body works. And I want to be a doctor. But I got a B. It wasn't even a requirement for my major, I took it for "fun". Should I take it again to prove I can get an A?

It's not bad. Don't retake it. Don't worry about it. Actually, don't ever think about it again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude didn't you know a B in any science class means you can't go to med school
I mean even an A- is pushing it

You are never going to get into medical school.

Relax, you're fine.

I loved that class. In fact, it was my favorite class in all of undergrad. I learned so much . . . But my first exam score in it haunted me all semester. Completely under-studied for it.

Dude didn't you know a B in any science class means you can't go to med school
I mean even an A- is pushing it

If this was true I'd be so screwed on multiple levels. My science GPA is a 3.5. That means half of my science grades are A's and the other half are B's.

:(
really...why waste a place on the boards...

If your removed neurotic questions from the student doctor forum, what would be left?

There are 26 medical schools with median sGPA of 3.5-3.6 don't let it get to you man, though it can't hurt to take a couple easy classes that count into BCPM (at my school that's stuff like planet science, evolution, etc)

There's no reason to retake a class you got a B in, since a B shows you have mastery of the material. Don't get hung up on one grade in one class, just focus on maintaining a high performance overall

You'll be fine--I got a C in undergrad physiology, but I'm doing well interview wise. Also, I took two more higher division physiology classes after to prove I could do it and got two A's.