cryhavoc

5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
Park Row
Status
Medical Student
I'm a little worried. It is a class about how the body works. And I want to be a doctor. But I got a B. It wasn't even a requirement for my major, I took it for "fun". Should I take it again to prove I can get an A?

Aug 5, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Bad? Yes
Going to keep you out of med school? Not singlehandedly
Worth retaking? No

doit4themunki

a;ldsfjk
7+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm a little worried. It is a class about how the body works. And I want to be a doctor. But I got a B. It wasn't even a requirement for my major, I took it for "fun". Should I take it again to prove I can get an A?
It's not bad. Don't retake it. Don't worry about it. Actually, don't ever think about it again.

Reactions: cryhavoc

superpom_7

Casually waiting for January 29th..
Jun 29, 2014
'merica
Status
Pre-Veterinary
You are never going to get into medical school.

Relax, you're fine.

SynapticDoctah

5+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2013
Status
Medical Student
really...why waste a place on the boards...

OP
C

cryhavoc

5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
Park Row
Status
Medical Student
I loved that class. In fact, it was my favorite class in all of undergrad. I learned so much . . . But my first exam score in it haunted me all semester. Completely under-studied for it.

Dude didn't you know a B in any science class means you can't go to med school
I mean even an A- is pushing it
If this was true I'd be so screwed on multiple levels. My science GPA is a 3.5. That means half of my science grades are A's and the other half are B's.

:(
really...why waste a place on the boards...
If your removed neurotic questions from the student doctor forum, what would be left?

efle

not an elf
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Jun 8, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
There's no reason to retake a class you got a B in, since a B shows you have mastery of the material. Don't get hung up on one grade in one class, just focus on maintaining a high performance overall

Hermione L Knope MD. Ph.D

5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2012
Status
MD/PhD Student, Medical Student (Accepted)
You'll be fine--I got a C in undergrad physiology, but I'm doing well interview wise. Also, I took two more higher division physiology classes after to prove I could do it and got two A's.