Is a B in undergraduate Physiology bad?

Started by cryhavoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cryhavoc

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little worried. It is a class about how the body works. And I want to be a doctor. But I got a B. It wasn't even a requirement for my major, I took it for "fun". Should I take it again to prove I can get an A?
 
I'm a little worried. It is a class about how the body works. And I want to be a doctor. But I got a B. It wasn't even a requirement for my major, I took it for "fun". Should I take it again to prove I can get an A?

It's not bad. Don't retake it. Don't worry about it. Actually, don't ever think about it again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I loved that class. In fact, it was my favorite class in all of undergrad. I learned so much . . . But my first exam score in it haunted me all semester. Completely under-studied for it.

Dude didn't you know a B in any science class means you can't go to med school
I mean even an A- is pushing it

If this was true I'd be so screwed on multiple levels. My science GPA is a 3.5. That means half of my science grades are A's and the other half are B's.

🙁
really...why waste a place on the boards...

If your removed neurotic questions from the student doctor forum, what would be left?
 
There are 26 medical schools with median sGPA of 3.5-3.6 don't let it get to you man, though it can't hurt to take a couple easy classes that count into BCPM (at my school that's stuff like planet science, evolution, etc)
 
I'm a little worried. It is a class about how the body works. And I want to be a doctor. But I got a B. It wasn't even a requirement for my major, I took it for "fun". Should I take it again to prove I can get an A?

There's no reason to retake a class you got a B in, since a B shows you have mastery of the material. Don't get hung up on one grade in one class, just focus on maintaining a high performance overall
 
You'll be fine--I got a C in undergrad physiology, but I'm doing well interview wise. Also, I took two more higher division physiology classes after to prove I could do it and got two A's.