Is a DAT retake needed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalinthemental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you know what your bio gpa is? Because I feel like if you have a really good bio GPA it could work to offset that 17 :) just my two cents though!

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re fine, even if you did retake it, and wanted to submit your app then, it would already be pretty late in my opinion, I would apply, your other scores are solid your gpa is where it needs to be, if things don’t work out for you this cycle you can always retake then but I probably wouldn’t focus on it now.

My bad, didn’t read that you’re applying next cycle, that changes a lot haha, you have time, my best suggestion would be to contact the schools, unless you really don’t mind retaking but that would be my worst case scenario. Try your other options first.

You’re fine, even if you did retake it, and wanted to submit your app then, it would already be pretty late in my opinion, I would apply, your other scores are solid your gpa is where it needs to be, if things don’t work out for you this cycle you can always retake then but I probably wouldn’t focus on it now.

I'm applying next cycle so I have a full year to retake it if needed. I'm just trying to see if I should. I'm just kind of hesitant since I scored >19 on every other section and I wouldn't wanna decrease in other sections.

My bad, didn’t read that you’re applying next cycle, that changes a lot haha, you have time, my best suggestion would be to contact the schools, unless you really don’t mind retaking but that would be my worst case scenario. Try your other options first.

I'll definitely try that!

I'm applying next cycle so I have a full year to retake it if needed. I'm just trying to see if I should. I'm just kind of hesitant since I scored >19 on every other section and I wouldn't wanna decrease in other sections.
Yea that’s my point, your scores are competitive enough and it might not be easy to get those scores again, on my opinion you’re solid, bio seems to be a lot of people’s weak points. Good luck!

A lot of students would be happy with those scores, especially with that GPA. If you know you can do better in each section, go for a retake. Of course it depends on your EC's and hours, etc. but why mess with a good thing?