Is a goal statement like a personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amaghsou

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

So I'm working on some masters/post bacc apps and I am in a small dilemma. The essay portion isn't really a personal statement but a goal statement. Obviously, part of this portion is for the committee to evaluate your writing skills. But, should I be dragging the goal statement to be a length of an essay/length of a personal statement even though my my goal is simply to increase my chance of dental school? LOL, I feel like I can sum that up in like 5 sentences. I'd appreciate any comment.