is AAMC Test 4 too easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genessis42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started off with AAMC Test #4, and it felt super easy. Especially the PS section, I made a 12 and there were not too many calculations involved either. The other sections were fine too....

So now I'm wondering, should I do AAMC 3 next? This was my first FL and I also have the Self-Assessments to finish and work with.

Is it better to use the SA and easier FLs first?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started off with AAMC Test #4, and it felt super easy. Especially the PS section, I made a 12 and there were not too many calculations involved either. The other sections were fine too....

So now I'm wondering, should I do AAMC 3 next? This was my first FL and I also have the Self-Assessments to finish and work with.

Is it better to use the SA and easier FLs first?

Personally I feel that the AAMC FLs are no longer representative of the exam and so I recommend using BR passages to practice instead

Personally I feel that the AAMC FLs are no longer representative of the exam and so I recommend using BR passages to practice instead

I'm inclined to agree with this, I wish I had done more BR passages. I actually only did around 2-3 bio passages in BR which I regret.

Members don't see this ad :)
Later FL (10+11) Bio sections are almost exactly the same as the real thing in terms of organization and passage-type. I felt the real section was just a bit more difficult in that you had to interpret more information, and it took longer to draw some conclusions. But all-in-all, pretty much in like with 10 and 11.

I'm inclined to agree with this, I wish I had done more BR passages. I actually only did around 2-3 bio passages in BR which I regret.

If you could elaborate, why are the TBR passages more helpful than the early FLs? I only ask because I sometimes feel that the bio TBR passages are testing the details of unnecessary specifics.

If you could elaborate, why are the TBR passages more helpful than the early FLs? I only ask because I sometimes feel that the bio TBR passages are testing the details of unnecessary specifics.

Some TBR is better than early exams. Particularly for Bio where there is some very dense passages. But AAMC won't require you to know weird little details that TBR does sometimes (so you will get quite a few TBR passages that are throwaways). I found TBR passages more difficult, which can be a good thing because then the AAMC's don't seem so bad.

The whole "the MCAT has changed" thing is so overblown. You will have a few experiment passages that will seem much more like a VR passage. Just read them carefully and if the question seems like something you've never seen, be assured that the info is in the passage.

Bottom line is there is no perfect practice, your going to show up and theres going to be a few things that seem to come out of left field. The key is to use new info with the info you already have to use POE and choose the best answer. Don't expect to just know everything and leave the test feeling awesome.

This is f***ing junk. Why do they give us practice tests that don't represent the real thing. So unfair..

Dude, it all depends on the person. I took the exam yesterday and I felt the AAMC FL's were quite representative.

Agreed. I thought my 8/9 test was rather representative of the FLs I took. There were question stems that were literally a blueprint of the practice tests (this isn't an NDA violation, right?!?!??!?! :eek:).